+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to think

Time to think

Having slept on last night's poor show I have had time to think
    It was very reminiscent of the Bristol city horror show
    We lacked spark,seemed drained and had no ideas
    It's very hard to pinpoint the players who need to hang their heads as pretty much all had a poor game.
    Let's hope for a upturn in performance like we did after the Bristol city game as we certainly cannot perform any worse.

Not seen anything of match , but when we look for ‘fault’, IMO it’s so easy to forget there are two teams out there, both looking to get the upper hand.
    SU are a decent side as befits their position , so I’m non too sure on beating yourself up on it.
    Yes I predicted 3-1 (guessed in my jargon &#128521 ......but with fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Having slept on last night's poor show I have had time to think
    It was very reminiscent of the Bristol city horror show
    We lacked spark,seemed drained and had no ideas
    It's very hard to pinpoint the players who need to hang their heads as pretty much all had a poor game.
    Let's hope for a upturn in performance like we did after the Bristol city game as we certainly cannot perform any worse.

Wow Robin, that's a huge overreaction. I often wonder why people do these strange things? In what way is this helpful? You have just fortgotten everything good and positive and where we are now as a club. Because of one match.
    I think we have accomplished so much, that to be so critical because we lost a football match to a very decent side, is just not fair. Not just that, its one match. If you started watching football yesterday Robin, I could almost understand. But you are an adult, who has probably seen more than one match in your lifetime.
    If you have seen one football match in your life, you would be a bit clueless. Nieve, and may even just expect us to win EVERY SINGLE WEEK?

What makes no sense, you are using phrase like 'hang our heads in shame'?
    The Bristol City Horror show? Horror show?

Seems you cant handle a defeat mate. Which is all part of football.

Some people act like children in sport because they just have strange and unusual expectations?

If we win on sat, you will want to be part of that. Fine, that's allowed.
    When we win promotion, you come up, want to be part of the celebration party. That's fine aswell.
    I guess its too much to ask that you act like a fan when things don't go to plan?
    You demand win win win win win win win. That's fine aswell. Just a pity you are going to get this disappointed. Not really syre what you expected from this season? Top 2, top 6? Unbeaten .....I'm perplexed?

Why then, do you act like this after one defeat? 2 all season.
    We are in Oct. I think we have done very well to get ourselves into a position where we clearly won't struggle at this level. But we are a young side, who have only just come up.

How quickly has that been forgotten.

Onto Bolton, we need support, we need to re-group and we need to get back on it.

Lets all overreact, and sharpen our knives awaiting the next defeat. that will help .....................

That's the championship for you.. Each team is more than capable of beating each other..For instance if you had won last night you would have been in 5th instead of 14th.. It's a great league to play in,probably the most competitive in the world .. It might not have the rewards of the Premier league ,but it's much fairer and far better to watch than the premier..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    That's the championship for you.. Each team is more than capable of beating each other..For instance if you had won last night you would have been in 5th instead of 14th.. It's a great league to play in,probably the most competitive in the world .. It might not have the rewards of the Premier league ,but it's much fairer and far better to watch than the premier..

Well said, that's the voice of a normal rational football fan. For every one normal fan, the next one is delusional and expects way too much. Only an idiot expected us to come up and never lose, and act like a petulant child when we do. I think its better for them that we lose, as they appear to revel in it. Nothing to really discuss when we win.
    You don't hear 'we are fantastic' when we win.
    That would be mental.
    But if we lose we should be hanging our heads in shame?
    Talk of horror shows.

Imagine if we where struggling?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Well said, that's the voice of a normal rational football fan. For every one normal fan, the next one is delusional and expects way too much. Only an idiot expected us to come up and never lose, and act like a petulant child when we do. I think its better for them that we lose, as they appear to revel in it. Nothing to really discuss when we win.
    You don't hear 'we are fantastic' when we win.
    That would be mental.
    But if we lose we should be hanging our heads in shame?
    Talk of horror shows.

Imagine if we where struggling?
    TBF to Robin Rover,I know where he is coming from though.. He wears his heart on his chest and says it how he sees it.. Wish I was on his postal delivery round today,I'd have him up on the wall with plenty of stick ..lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    TBF to Robin Rover,I know where he is coming from though.. He wears his heart on his chest and says it how he sees it.. Wish I was on his postal delivery round today,I'd have him up on the wall with plenty of stick ..lol

I got home last night about 11:30 pm. It was a long day, I had to be up at the crack of dawn today and be back in work with a smile on my face. I was shattered when I got in last night, and defalted after a tough night. I spent lots of money I don't really have to support the lads.
    Last night things went against us. It happens, its football.
    You man up, and move on. Like the manager has to, like the players have to.
    If you are happy to join in the good times, you also have to endure the tough times.

I do actually see that everyone has an opinion. That doesn't make huge overreactions on the odd (and I mean odd) occasion we lose okay. I just feel its unhelpful.

A young side, new to the division, still learning, needs time and patience. We are improving all the time, each game. A defeat every 5 or so games may well happen. If you leanr and improve off the back of it, then you are going the right direction.

We had a run of games Robin,
    Villa, Derby, Stoke, Forest and Sheff Utd where you stated we would struggle to get any points.
    We lost one match out of all that lot.

Not exactly time to panic and overreact is all I'm trying to say.

I’m not gona add anything to that, as all should know my feelings on this ‘topic’.

Look, I can sit and spell out every negative from last night. What will that actually accomplish?
    If we where sat bottom of the league without a win, like say Ipswich then I could try and understand.
    We aren't.

We rely heavily on Dack. if like in a game last night he doesn't perform, we are in trouble. That's a concern. And last night showed that up. I don't agree with this freezing out of Travis. He could play RB.
    I worried on Sat about this game, as Nymabe went off, and it looked quite bad. I know TM, I know he will play Bennett in that position. So this means we lose our best midfielder. Or Reed has to play there. Travis is the answer to that problem.

During this run, in over a year (how quickly has THAT been forgotten after one 90 min performance) I have seen every single home game, live. Sheff Utd where the best side I have seen at Ewood during that time.
    They looked comfortably better than us.
    While I want to say we where poor, I have seen more than enough football in my time, to know sometimes you are poor due to how good the oppo have been.
    Sheff Utd are a whole 12 months ahead of us. And you could tell. They came up last season, and we will do what they did last season. Finish top half and have a good strong season, to bed into this league.
    Shock horror, like them last season, we will lose a few along the way. The thing NOT to do, is start freaking out after the odd defeat. Because they WILL happen.
    To just expect us never to lose is ....well ....do I really have to say?
    As I pointed out above, you have to man up, take it on the chin and move on.

Posters like Saxo and his mates on BRFC's will simply wait and keep their knives sharpened and will revel in anything that isn't 3 points every single week. When things go well, they will invent things to be critical of.
    When one result like this happens, you watch them and how they react.

Petulant child,idiot now come on champs that is a bit far,like you have been towards any negativity
    As I have said before on here in regards to defeat I react better by taking a negative slant
    The kean years and the majority of idiots that followed allowed me to react better to defeat,a more meh if you like.
    I got swept up and regretted it
    A good performance and was robbed by a class goal by villa,a brilliant rope a dope performance against derby and the incredible roller coaster ride against stoke.
    Against forest we were also robbed thanks to a idiot referee so I honestly thought we could get a result but sadly the performance merited the result.
    Yes I overreacted because my expectations were raised but ultimately we are where I expect us to finish.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)