+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saiz This Season - Maturing Maverick ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Saiz this season has had his critics for certain parts of his performances but for me this is slightly unfair as like others in the squad his skills are being adapted for a more team orientated role.He is playing a lot deeper and is developing positively every match in the role Bielsa requires from him game by game.
    His technical ability is beautiful to watch at times and under Bielsa his role in the team is now more 'complete' by his possession/positioning and thus keeping the ball flow moving all over the pitch using neat one two's when up in attack and now not afraid to take responsibility in carrying the ball from deeper positions which allows our full backs to join in attacking modes.Saiz is currently giving Roberts more space too as the opposition defenders are being pulled wide by clever Roberts runs whilst the opposing midfield are being pulled out to combat Saiz coming at them - in short space is created to effect !Teams are loading the midfield defensively and Bielsa has utilised Saiz to great effect in this respect this season and opportunities are being created left,right and centre............ Nigel Adkins obviously did his homework on Leeds but we adapted individually and as a team accordingly and got a result

Saiz is far more a team player now and is developing nicely and offers much more than his previous role allowed -
    Our 'flowing style' of late has had teams attempting to stop it in a variety of ways but subtle zonal positioning changes by Bielsa has incorporated Plan A to still shine through whatever gets put in our way.

We are a handful,with the players coached well,players with emerging new tactical flexibility playing as a team and as individuals,IMO.
    Long season to go,yes there are negatives but with Bielsa I'm happy to enjoy the positives evidently emerging throughout the squad.

MOT
    I totally agree Mrs O. Last season I was far from his greatest fan; particularly after 'Gob Gate' which certainly helped throw our top 6 push away but this season he has been a revelation. As others have said, his work rate is exceptional and he keeps running and chasing to the end - something he didn't do last season. He may not be the most effective tackler but at least he tries. Going forward he always looks dangerous and scares the opposition either into crowding him out and leaving space elsewhere or into fouling him and possibly drawing a yellow card. His performance has been even more impressive in the absence of Pablo and Roofe as that leaves him as the only genuinely creative attacking threat (I don't count Alioski who is way too erratic and Roberts is a WiP). I should also say that he has been allowed extra freedom because Phillips has played so well in the defensive / holding role. In some ways they are perfect foils for each other.

Minor criticism is that his end product is poor - with his talent he should certainly be scoring more goals, or at least taking more shots. He still has an edge of petulance (as gifted 'mavericks' often do; particularly Spanish / Latin ones!) but I think MB will keep a lid on that. We need to keep him fit, booking free and happy. If we can do that then he will be a big part of what could very well be a long overdue but ultimately successful season for us,

MOT
    Last edited by UbiqueLUFC33; 06-10-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Couldn't agree more MrsO. I'd just like to add that his work rate is also remarkable. Him and Klich cover some miles. I wonder what the numbers are?
    I do worry about if/when Saiz gets injured though. Can't think of anyone who could replace him. Izzy Brown has been brought in as that replacement, but he's not fit for while yet, and even when he's fit I'm not sure he can play that 'carrying' role. From what I've seen, Brown is more of an attacking midfielder/forward.
    Better midfield passing stats than Bayern & Barcas last matches combined ......

Up to 75 mins when Saiz got subbed our passing stats are incredible.

Better midfield passing stats than Bayern & Barcas last matches combined ......

Up to 75 mins when Saiz got subbed our passing stats are incredible.

Great graphic...really shows the positioning and dynamics of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Obviously Saiz matters to you Mrs O Rich..

To right Alf .......
    ...... can't pass a farmers field without filling my bicycle panniers with a selection of big un's before dinner

You'll be amazed at what I can slice with my chopper and have on a slow boil in my soup pan in under ten minutes

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Dives and spits and so so much over rated could not lace Jack Grealish boots
    I suspect we have a "Marley" soundalike, given the very supportive observation and other comments about how badly done the w4nker of a ref in Saturday was.😝

To right Alf .......
    ...... can't pass a farmers field without filling my bicycle panniers with a selection of big un's before dinner

You'll be amazed at what I can slice with my chopper and have on a slow boil in my soup pan in under ten minutes

MOT
    Ooo -err...

Wink

Dives and spits and so so much over rated could not lace Jack Grealish boots
    Same Jack Grealish who has been sent off for diving?

Gotta love these wind up merchants, been awfully quite whilst we've been in the top 6 haven't they.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

Gotta love these wind up merchants, been awfully quite whilst we've been in the top 6 haven't they.
    The same Jack Grealish who was wanted by one of the best teams in Europe you stupid idiot,he now has a buy out clause of 40 million,you really are a prick

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

Top 6 you bloody clown,im more interested in may,not bloody october,now jog off and read the Beano

Top 6 you bloody clown,im more interested in may,not bloody october,now jog off and read the Beano
    You and Alf should just get a room

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)