+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saiz This Season - Maturing Maverick ?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You and Alf should just get a room
    Why
    Get a room together, i dont know the guy,you may be in to **** like that,but keep me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Why
    Get a room together, i dont know the guy,you may be in to **** like that,but keep me out of it.
    You seem to share similar views as far as Lee's goes, I thought might have other "similarities"

You seem to share similar views as far as Lee's goes, I thought might have other "similarities"
    I do not share any view other than my own,i am not a deluded leeds united fan , just a realist,our deluded fans and there is a lot of them,make the club a laughing stock, remember early last season,thank god i was not one of the deluded idiotic melt"s telling the world " were going up as fkin champions"

klix & WTF11 ............ as a matter of interest what is your view/opinion on Saiz this season?

...... as your both fans regardless of age,or getting to matches,or viewing from TV,or listening via radio,or podcasts,or expressing individual thoughts from reading traditional press are we witnessing a transformation of erratic talent into something very special that can ignite a match if used correctly.

A long season to go yet and many obstacles to overcome obviously BUT after many seasons of dire mediocre end results we're actually as a team and fans producing a 'brand' on/off the pitch that's quite special with the bonus of an owner seemingly on ball too that is utilising individual creativity on/off the pitch throughout the club -

MOT

*I noted WTF11 comments after his recent visit to ER particularly his positive attitude ........ and would encourage a separate post on his opinion of the club now at this moment in time for ALL connected to the club to digest.

There you go WTF, A chance to let "ALL involved" with the club see your changed new positivity after all last seasons doom mongering - surely too good a chance to miss....Maybe your mate Orta has been listening to you after all?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Saiz this season has had his critics for certain parts of his performances but for me this is slightly unfair as like others in the squad his skills are being adapted for a more team orientated role.He is playing a lot deeper and is developing positively every match in the role Bielsa requires from him game by game.
    His technical ability is beautiful to watch at times and under Bielsa his role in the team is now more 'complete' by his possession/positioning and thus keeping the ball flow moving all over the pitch using neat one two's when up in attack and now not afraid to take responsibility in carrying the ball from deeper positions which allows our full backs to join in attacking modes.Saiz is currently giving Roberts more space too as the opposition defenders are being pulled wide by clever Roberts runs whilst the opposing midfield are being pulled out to combat Saiz coming at them - in short space is created to effect !Teams are loading the midfield defensively and Bielsa has utilised Saiz to great effect in this respect this season and opportunities are being created left,right and centre............ Nigel Adkins obviously did his homework on Leeds but we adapted individually and as a team accordingly and got a result

Saiz is far more a team player now and is developing nicely and offers much more than his previous role allowed -
    Our 'flowing style' of late has had teams attempting to stop it in a variety of ways but subtle zonal positioning changes by Bielsa has incorporated Plan A to still shine through whatever gets put in our way.

We are a handful,with the players coached well,players with emerging new tactical flexibility playing as a team and as individuals,IMO.
    Long season to go,yes there are negatives but with Bielsa I'm happy to enjoy the positives evidently emerging throughout the squad.

MOT
    Mrs O just wish he would cut out the diving he has spat at a player twice,only my view but that is total scum and nothing else,the team as a whole 8 out of 10, my only worry is the manager i just do not want to go back to hoof ever ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    klix & WTF11 ............ as a matter of interest what is your view/opinion on Saiz this season?

...... as your both fans regardless of age,or getting to matches,or viewing from TV,or listening via radio,or podcasts,or expressing individual thoughts from reading traditional press are we witnessing a transformation of erratic talent into something very special that can ignite a match if used correctly.

A long season to go yet and many obstacles to overcome obviously BUT after many seasons of dire mediocre end results we're actually as a team and fans producing a 'brand' on/off the pitch that's quite special with the bonus of an owner seemingly on ball too that is utilising individual creativity on/off the pitch throughout the club -

MOT

*I noted WTF11 comments after his recent visit to ER particularly his positive attitude ........ and would encourage a separate post on his opinion of the club now at this moment in time for ALL connected to the club to digest.
    Hi Mrs O, and thanks for the invite!

I take it that this thread, and this post, would satisfy the "separate post" (rather than starting a new thread etc.)

So, as mentioned, a long season ahead, and relatively little to base a (revised) opinion on as yet, but what the h3ll, in for a penny eh?

I said at the end of last season that I would have preferred to have seen Heckingbottom given more time. I was wrong. I questioned the wisdom of appointing a replacement who couldn't speak the Queens English. I was wrong.

I hoped we would do exactly as we did during the transfer window, next to bugger all incoming and whole lot of horse poop being gotten rid of, as long as the new manager was content to do so, which he obviously was (and I believe the club were aware of the need to ensure Bielsa was content from the outset, so the scene was set from the first time he set foot at Thorp Arch/ER.

Did I expect to see the kind of performances we saw against Stoke etc? No, not in a million years. Has Bielsa, in what he "says" and what he does, shown by his performances and those of the players that we have the capability to win this division, you betcha. Can we maintain the standard, the pace, the aggression and tenacity? I believe so, and I hope that he has faith in the products of the Academy and ensures they STAY as Leeds players and he makes that a clear condition to Radrizzani.

Orta can claim some small credit, for having brought Saiz, Klich and Alioski to the club. They are without doubt the best of his attempts at recruitment. He is however a failure as DoF based on any objective assessment of his performance, and the profligate waste of club funds expended on players such as de Bock, Anita etc. He should be dismissed forthwith, and his Football Manager 18 strategy of looking at spreadsheets and databases consigned to history forthwith.

On the pitch, even when we don't put in stellar performances across all areas, we play as a team, we fight as a team, we win and we lose as a team, that is absolutely clear from ALL the players attitude, before, during and after a game. We fight for the whole 90 minutes, we fight after we go behind, we fight when we are ahead, all of which is frankly f00king marvellous! All the players want to win, maybe a strange thing to say, but there were times last season where it was questionable as to whether that was the case. They want to please their manager FFS, when has THAT been evident? They want to please the fans, which is less remarkable, but so much more evident than it has been for some time, as it's ALL the players who feel like that, and its ALL the players who show their disappointment when they feel they have failed in some way or another.

I've steered clear of referring to individual players (apart from the Orta bit), for good reason. All have improved over last season, some massively, some less so, but ALL have, and that is down to one man, Bielsa. He isn't the messiah (at least not yet), but in the space of 4 months, he has taken a dispirited, lack-lustre bunch of football players and moulded them into a band of brothers, who will not give in, will not surrender, will not be subdued and will, come what may, be Leeds players the supporters can be proud of.

End of sermon

Hi Mrs O, and thanks for the invite!

I take it that this thread, and this post, would satisfy the "separate post" (rather than starting a new thread etc.)

So, as mentioned, a long season ahead, and relatively little to base a (revised) opinion on as yet, but what the h3ll, in for a penny eh?

I said at the end of last season that I would have preferred to have seen Heckingbottom given more time. I was wrong. I questioned the wisdom of appointing a replacement who couldn't speak the Queens English. I was wrong.

I hoped we would do exactly as we did during the transfer window, next to bugger all incoming and whole lot of horse poop being gotten rid of, as long as the new manager was content to do so, which he obviously was (and I believe the club were aware of the need to ensure Bielsa was content from the outset, so the scene was set from the first time he set foot at Thorp Arch/ER.

Did I expect to see the kind of performances we saw against Stoke etc? No, not in a million years. Has Bielsa, in what he "says" and what he does, shown by his performances and those of the players that we have the capability to win this division, you betcha. Can we maintain the standard, the pace, the aggression and tenacity? I believe so, and I hope that he has faith in the products of the Academy and ensures they STAY as Leeds players and he makes that a clear condition to Radrizzani.

Orta can claim some small credit, for having brought Saiz, Klich and Alioski to the club. They are without doubt the best of his attempts at recruitment. He is however a failure as DoF based on any objective assessment of his performance, and the profligate waste of club funds expended on players such as de Bock, Anita etc. He should be dismissed forthwith, and his Football Manager 18 strategy of looking at spreadsheets and databases consigned to history forthwith.

On the pitch, even when we don't put in stellar performances across all areas, we play as a team, we fight as a team, we win and we lose as a team, that is absolutely clear from ALL the players attitude, before, during and after a game. We fight for the whole 90 minutes, we fight after we go behind, we fight when we are ahead, all of which is frankly f00king marvellous! All the players want to win, maybe a strange thing to say, but there were times last season where it was questionable as to whether that was the case. They want to please their manager FFS, when has THAT been evident? They want to please the fans, which is less remarkable, but so much more evident than it has been for some time, as it's ALL the players who feel like that, and its ALL the players who show their disappointment when they feel they have failed in some way or another.

I've steered clear of referring to individual players (apart from the Orta bit), for good reason. All have improved over last season, some massively, some less so, but ALL have, and that is down to one man, Bielsa. He isn't the messiah (at least not yet), but in the space of 4 months, he has taken a dispirited, lack-lustre bunch of football players and moulded them into a band of brothers, who will not give in, will not surrender, will not be subdued and will, come what may, be Leeds players the supporters can be proud of.

End of sermon
    To sum up you wanted hekin****e given more time,
    And wanted a manager that spoke good English
    Fk sake.

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    To sum up you wanted hekin****e given more time,
    And wanted a manager that spoke good English
    Fk sake.
    You sir, are a f00kwit, and I no longer deign to respond to your incessant stream.of irrelevant drivel. Be gone foul beast.

You sir, are a f00kwit, and I no longer deign to respond to your incessant stream.of irrelevant drivel. Be gone foul beast.
    And you Sir are a complete and utter snowflake.
    Hecking****e lost for words.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)