+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Millers trio called up for International Duty

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Arnie was an unused sub
    Still being picked at 36
    According to ESPN , Arnason started the match, but was substituted after 35 minutes (possibly injured?)

Also Australia 3 Lebanon 0 earlier today - Williams not in the match squad

Nigeria playing later today

Ajayi in the Nigeria starting line-up in today's friendly v Uganda. 3pm kick off (I think)

Correction - I think that the Nigeria football website that I looked at had listed a "probable team" and may have been wrong. Don't think that Ajayi is playing.
    No team details on BBC football website
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-11-2018 at 03:56 PM.

sofascore.com has Ajayi in starting line-up (centre of back 3). Is that the same site Mike ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    sofascore.com has Ajayi in starting line-up (centre of back 3). Is that the same site Mike ?
    No, it wasn't that site, but the teams/score are now on Official Nigerian Football Federation site - says Ajayi IS playing and the half-time score is 0-0.
    Apologies for the confusion!

Looks like it has finished Nigeria 0 Uganda 0, and Ajayi has played the whole match, from what information that I've found. Match kicked off later than originally scheduled and details have been sketchy. Game was played in Asaba, not Lagos, which might not have helped re communications.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-11-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    According to ESPN , Arnason started the match, but was substituted after 35 minutes (possibly injured?)

Also Australia 3 Lebanon 0 earlier today - Williams not in the match squad

Nigeria playing later today
    OK Mike. Website I looked at said he never came off the bench so maybe he did play
    He's still doing well at his age

see below

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    OK Mike. Website I looked at said he never came off the bench so maybe he did play
    He's still doing well at his age
    I try to check with the relevant national football team twitter websites, but some can be slow at putting up the information. Arnie did start the match according to Iceland National Official Football Twitter. Some of the websites just seem to list the "likely team", but don't tell you that, or update it. Good to see that Arnie still going strong though.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678