+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldham Home game cancelled

Oldham Home game cancelled

Due to international call ups.

That means we don't have a home game until 27th October against Swindon.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ranged-041018/

TinPot on the 9th V Newcastle U 21's? But apart from that it's 3 away matches in a row. It's a test innitt?

Well pissed off with this. I get back from holiday the day before the original date, looks like I'll have to wait a while longer before taking my seat at Meadow Lane.

Great news for me, I will be down London for my sons 40th so wont miss it now ...

Why does this always seem to happen when we start putting a run together?

Also, this:

Oldham players threaten strike action over unpaid wages after promised pay for September fails to materialise

EXCLUSIVE BY MIKE KEEGAN: Players at the League Two club refused to head out to the training pitch on Thursday morning after promises to pay them for September failed to materialise.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6240983/Oldham-players-threaten-strike-action-unpaid-wages.html

That’s a pain, I specifically chose to come over to England that weekend for the Oldham game. Oh well, iFollow it will be.

I think this cancelling of games due to three international call-ups is stupid, anyway. I remember when we cancelled a game because of three international call-ups and one of the players wasn’t ever in our squad (Rhys Sharp, I think). Don’t think the other two were lynchpins, either.

We suffered from the call-ups most when Darren Ward was our goalkeeper and we lost our best player but couldn’t call games off. Who can ever forget the brief Notts careers of ringers Brian Parkin and Andy Goram as a result?

I’ve just checked and Oldham are losing their goalkeeper (Denmark u21s) and a couple of fringe players - one of whom will be playing (perhaps) for the mighty Curaçao against the US Virgin Islands.
    Last edited by nw6pie; 04-10-2018 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added info

Roy Carroll once played for N.Ireland on a Friday night and then came and played for Notts on the Saturday!!

Notts will obviously lose money moving the game to a Tuesday night, do they get compensated ?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Notts will obviously lose money moving the game to a Tuesday night, do they get compensated ?
    Don’t worry all the Oldham fans that were coming can now stay at home and watch it on iFollow… oh hang on a minute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast