+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldham Home game cancelled

I will watch on Ifollow - happy days for me and me alone👍

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Don’t worry all the Oldham fans that were coming can now stay at home and watch it on iFollow… oh hang on a minute.
    Interesting....Notts will lose a 1,000 home fans off the gate, plus some Oldham fans will switch to iFollow and Oldham keep the money.

Clearly a case where iFollow does NOT benefit Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Interesting....Notts will lose a 1,000 home fans off the gate, plus some Oldham fans will switch to iFollow and Oldham keep the money.

Clearly a case where iFollow does NOT benefit Notts.
    Yep, imagine that option be available for every game. PL clubs can survive it because they have big followings regardless of how many armchair fans they have, smaller clubs would very likely suffer long term irreparable financial damage.

Yep, imagine that option be available for every game. PL clubs can survive it because they have big followings regardless of how many armchair fans they have, smaller clubs would very likely suffer long term irreparable financial damage.
    The balance is about right ATM as a trial, 40 Saturday matches (International iFollow only), 3 home and 3 away Midweek matches (iFollow to ALL)....the problem arises when additional Saturday home games are lost due to cancellation for whatever reason and switched to midweek

The balance is about right ATM as a trial, 40 Saturday matches (International iFollow only), 3 home and 3 away Midweek matches (iFollow to ALL)....the problem arises when additional Saturday home games are lost due to cancellation for whatever reason and switched to midweek
    Agree, but if the EFL and PL succeed in making Saturday streaming a permanent option in England then it has the potential to make life very difficult for many clubs. Let’s not forget just how much the EFL stand to make financially from this at the expense of their members. I realise I’m starting to sound like a stuck record so apologies for that but it just worries me about the future not just for Notts but for football in this country in general … unless of course the PL floats your boat.

Agree, but if the EFL and PL succeed in making Saturday streaming a permanent option in England then it has the potential to make life very difficult for many clubs. Let’s not forget just how much the EFL stand to make financially from this at the expense of their members. I realise I’m starting to sound like a stuck record so apologies for that but it just worries me about the future not just for Notts but for football in this country in general … unless of course the PL floats your boat.
    I understand BUT there is an opt-OUT clause I think, and some clubs have already opted out Accy, I think, were one....if AH thought that it would be costing him money, then I'm pretty sure he would lead the charge heading for the exit door.

That is why I've been "pushing" iFollow on here, the more cash that AH sees from Nulion-iFollow, then the LESS likely he is to pull the plug IMO....purely selfish I know, but I've never been more hyped-up about match days since I left the UK in 2013 and the service is definitely getting better the more people join

I understand BUT there is an opt-OUT clause I think, and some clubs have already opted out Accy, I think, were one....if AH thought that it would be costing him money, then I'm pretty sure he would lead the charge heading for the exit door.

That is why I've been "pushing" iFollow on here, the more cash that AH sees from Nulion-iFollow, then the LESS likely he is to pull the plug IMO....purely selfish I know, but I've never been more hyped-up about match days since I left the UK in 2013 and the service is definitely getting better the more people join
    No issue with its use for overseas fans mate.

Exactly my thoughts, this whole thing has a very nasty aroma around it. I would endorse it wholeheartedly for overseas fans, but it shouldn't be available for anyone in the UK however harsh that may seem to Notts fans who reside many miles from Meadow Lane. I see it as a first step to football becoming a TV game rather than fans actually being there. The greed league would cope easily but we wouldn't. Some might prefer to pay a tenner to watch a game in the comfort of their own home on a freezing January Tuesday, but I won't be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Exactly my thoughts, this whole thing has a very nasty aroma around it. I would endorse it wholeheartedly for overseas fans, but it shouldn't be available for anyone in the UK however harsh that may seem to Notts fans who reside many miles from Meadow Lane. I see it as a first step to football becoming a TV game rather than fans actually being there. The greed league would cope easily but we wouldn't. Some might prefer to pay a tenner to watch a game in the comfort of their own home on a freezing January Tuesday, but I won't be one of them.
    Yes, harsh! Would love to be at the games but having said that, I can see where you are coming from.

As I said, I think some games should be shown, and 6 games a season is reasonable.

We've discussed all the negatives but to flip it a bit, maybe if we performed well, some who have watched on ifollow will venture down to the Lane.

I think an argument could be put forward that it's already a TV game when you consider how many games are shown and the amount pumped into the game at the top level. That is arguably more of a challenge to Notts than ifollow is.

This reminds me of ITVDigital and I bet it leaves just as bad a taste in the mouth as that did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12