+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on season so far

Thoughts on season so far

1. Douglas injury is a blow. Has been very good this season. Hopefully, Tom Pearce will be able to fill in.
    2. Peacock-Farrell has a problem with long shots for goal. Has allowed 4 goals from outside the penalty box so far. The free kick against Derby appeared to be his mistake. 1st goal against Birmingham also appeared to be an error. Very slow at spotting the flight of the ball. Hopefully, 3 man backline will help.
    3. Leeds have not conceded in the last 15 min of any game this season. A statistic that augurs well for the future.
    4. No red cards so far and only 1 penalty conceded (opening day against Stoke).
    5. Haven't lost away from home as yet. This is probably because home teams feel obligated to attack to get the maximum 3 points. Opens up the game for Leeds.
    6. Haven't lost or drawn a single game after scoring first.
    7. Tyler Roberts looks useful. I don't think Roofe is automatic first choice when he becomes available.

Would'nt be too sure of your assessment of item no.2

Which part of item 2 do you have problem with Billy? The part that Leeds Have conceded 4 outside the 18 yard box or that Peacock-Farrell has problems with long shots?
    I notice I made a mistake though on #4. Leeds also conceded a penalty to preston in the Carabao cup. I should state that only conceded 1 penalty in the League this season.

He misjudges a few dives at times, but his reflex saves seem to be good. I'm a little more concerned with his timing off the line occasionally...and some of his punches also. But whilst the defence holds strong and results are going our way, his performances will be seen as adequate.

bit worried about the keeper too, we should have signed an experienced one, bringing the boy through gradually, im sure he will be class given time.

Team has only conceded 8 goals in the league so far, BPF is in his first full season so I think it is a little bit premature to say he has a problem with long range shots and all the rest.

Compare his performances to Felix and then tell me we should be worried about BPF's performances so far...

Peacock Farrell is developing, his confidence to come for high balls more than makes up for his slight weakness with long shots (at times) but he also pulls of some great saves with shots from outside box so I don't see it as a major problem when last year we had Wiedwald letting the ball bounce over his head into the net.

............ err,how many first team games in the Championship has he played since his 11 appearances last season ........

Young and raw and contracted till 2020 but would he be first choice if we went up ?
    For me he deserved his chance and puts in a decent shift for a young 'un still learning.
    Could an experienced keeper adapt to the role been required from him one could argue.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....rell-1-9293700

MOT

First up, thank you all for posting on the thread. Good to hear all your thoughts.
    I was merely pointing out what I believe to be true. BPF did make an error against Derby and again against Birmingham. Both long-range shots. I am still not quite sure what happened against Wednesday. That was an audacious shot and I don't think Reach could make that shot again if he has another 100 tries. So, I don't count that one.
    I agree completely that BPF has every chance to develop into an excellent keeper. But.... right now, I think he has to work on seeing the ball a little earlier. The great Dino Zoff had a problem with long range shots in the 1978 World Cup. In 1982, Italy won the World Cup.

I remember Young Kasper and the threads about him. Very similar in some ways. Think BPF will be as good as KS when he develops. I also think he's part of the fabric of this team. Sometimes chemistry is more important than having the best technical player in the league at that position.

When our team is clicking we are as good as many of the bottom 10 prem teams and we are developing. If we don't wear out or break down we'll be going up this year. we've done OK for missing some of the key players we have had out this season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)