Hm, Kenny Lynch wasn't bad. I see where CT is coming from with his Helen Shapiro comment on Jenny Wren. Here's a note from Jenny who seems to still be going strong:
Hi everyone.... I AM THE JENNY WREN mentioned here. Firstly, my real surname was Phillips. My Manager named me Wren because I was tiny in stature, and sang like a bird (allegedly) Allen was also a temporary stage name. I was 14 when I recorded Chasing my Dream all over town. I went professional at the age of 16...and I have sang professionally ever since. For many years I was a jazz singer, with the name Jenny Darren, indeed I have been Jenny Darren since the age of 18. I had a 7 Year Classic Rock career in my 20’s. I have recently gone back to it, and had a new release in August 2017. Preceding that, I released an album in 2016,with the Finnish Prog band Paidarion. The year before, a compilation album called Heartbreaker. I have released 8 albums in total, one being with the Birmingham band Secomd City Sound in the late 60’s. I am NOT black. I dyed my hair and wore dark make up at the time. I am actually fair haired. Check me out on a Google , and my website... www.jennydarren.com I also work with guitarist Muddy Manninen (formerly of Wishbone Ash) my albums are as follows: Love is Blue (with second city sound) City lights, Jenny Darren 1, Queen of fools, Jenny Darren 2, Heartbreaker, With Paidarion -The Finlandia Project, Ladykiller, plus around 25 singles. I will be on Wikipedia soon, for those who may prefer even more accuracy.