+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reading.

Reading.

Let's not take a victory against Reading for granted. Yes, on paper it looks an odds on home win, but we don't play on paper! I'm sure that Moore will instill this into the players and hopefully they will gain the the victory that we, the fans, hope for and expect. Remember Bolton though!

And still he'll play Bartley and thus never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    And still he'll play Bartley and thus never learn.
    Have to agree with you on this one but as I think I've said on another thread that we need a LEFT SIDED central defender. What I also don't understand is that many reviews that I've read seem to think that he's doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Have to agree with you on this one but as I think I've said on another thread that we need a LEFT SIDED central defender. What I also don't understand is that many reviews that I've read seem to think that he's doing a good job.
    How can anyone say he's not doing a good job? We haven't lost since Boro. He's not only changed results he's changed the total mindset of the players. Which was a massive job considering what has been drilled into them for three years.
    Our only complaint is we can't keep a clean sheet???
    I didn't for one second think we:d play the way we are when he got the job. Yes there are constant frustrating team selections but it's working at the moment. Yes it could be better but it could also be a lot worse.
    We no longer fear opposition before a ball is kicked. We let them worry about us.
    We will lose games against the so called lesser teams. We will not win every home game from now on. What we will do in every game is "give it a go" No more surrender football.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    How can anyone say he's not doing a good job? We haven't lost since Boro. He's not only changed results he's changed the total mindset of the players. Which was a massive job considering what has been drilled into them for three years.
    I didn't for one second think we:d play the way we are when he got the job. Yes there are constant frustrating team selections but it's working at the moment. Yes it could be better but it could also be a lot worse.
    We no longer fear opposition before a ball is kicked. We let them worry about us.
    We will lose games against the so called lesser teams. We will not win every home game from now on. What we will do in every game is "give it a go" No more surrender football.
    I think that you have misunderstood what I have written. I was talking about Bartley not Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I think that you have misunderstood what I have written. I was talking about Bartley not Moore.
    Yes mate
    I've just read it again of course you were. Don't know what I was thinking.

Don't fear any team because anyone can beat anyone in a mediocre league all the teams are a much of a muchness , wolves proved that last season they were so much better than any other team & were going up way before the season ended , what also makes the league hard is most weeks your playing 2 games a week which is very demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Don't fear any team because anyone can beat anyone in a mediocre league all the teams are a much of a muchness , wolves proved that last season they were so much better than any other team & were going up way before the season ended , what also makes the league hard is most weeks your playing 2 games a week which is very demanding.

Your spot on there Johnny - mediocre league! Also with our defense at the moment, I do agree with Mick - if we were to get promoted then we would get hammered! Seems to be an old pals act with some of the selections and even Leeds fans are commenting they missed a bullit with missing out on Bartley! Sort it out Big Dave as soon we will not get lucky i.e Blues, Forest and Wednesday being three examples..............

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Your spot on there Johnny - mediocre league! Also with our defense at the moment, I do agree with Mick - if we were to get promoted then we would get hammered! Seems to be an old pals act with some of the selections and even Leeds fans are commenting they missed a bullit with missing out on Bartley! Sort it out Big Dave as soon we will not get lucky i.e Blues, Forest and Wednesday being three examples..............
    My mates a Leeds supporter and goes regularly and he reckons Bartley was a absolute rock when he played for them.
    At the time he was gutted they missed out on him.
    I told him thought he was useless after a month. His comment was he doubted a single Leeds fan would agree with me.

My mates a Leeds supporter and goes regularly and he reckons Bartley was a absolute rock when he played for them.
    At the time he was gutted they missed out on him.
    I told him thought he was useless after a month. His comment was he doubted a single Leeds fan would agree with me.

That was in the past! Leeds fans will have seen Bartley play in the televised games for us and think - thank the lord they missed out!

Don't agree on the - we score more goals than opponents then what's the fuss. Fact is we have been lucky at Blues, Forest and Sheffield W and soon, we will get what's coming! Big Dave needs to sort it out quickly and a settled midfield too!

Must say Barry has looked better when he's come on to his credit and Hoolahan seems OK. Don't get Mears one bit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)