+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hedges could play left back due to injuries

Hedges could play left back due to injuries

Barnsley could be facing an injury crisis at left-back ahead of tomorrow’s game at Peterborough United.

Dani Pinillos, who has started every game of the league season, limped off with a knee injury in Tuesday’s 1-1 draw with Plymouth Argyle. The other senior left-back Zeki Fryers has suffered a set-back recovering from the ankle injury he picked up in pre-season. Coach Andreas Winkler said yesterday that there was ‘a little chance’ Pinillos could play tomorrow.

If both Pinillos and Fryers are unavailable Barnsley may have to play one of ****agers Ben Williams – who is yet to make his league debut – or Jordan Williams. Winger Ryan Hedges filled in at left-back on his first start of the season due to injury after Pinillos went off on Tuesday while centre-back Ethan Pinnock has also played there.

Dimitri Cavare could be moved from from right to left-back with Jordan Williams or striker Jacob Brown, who played in defence in the Checkatrade Trophy, used at right-back. Winkler said: “We have a good squad and you saw Ryan Hedges play very well at left-back. So we have good options.”

Striker Cauley Woodrow, who has not played since signing in August then being injured in his first training session, is unlikely to make his debut against the Posh. There is an outside chance that his first game could be a week later against Luton Town, the club where he began his career.
    Winger Lloyd Isgrove – who scored his first career goal for Peterborough in an eight-game loan spell from Southampton in early 2014 – is also out with injury.

I would rather any of the Williams lads before Hedges , particularly tommora , he's no defender int Hedges , unless it's been worked on In training ? Not for me ?

Can’t Pinncok play that side? Sure he came on at Rochdale before and played there last season in an emergency
    Last edited by Jules88; 05-10-2018 at 09:08 PM.

So is the Woodrow kid going to play before January, every time It's another week then another week plus add match fitness on top. A great piece of business barnsley it's a good job we kept Bradshaw until January 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    So is the Woodrow kid going to play before January, every time It's another week then another week plus add match fitness on top. A great piece of business barnsley it's a good job we kept Bradshaw until January ��
    There was a child stood on a bridge with his mother both looking down to the river below
    The child said to his mother "there's three of us on this bridge Mum"
    Winkler has the same problem

Paper thin squad but Goat was happy to spend nowt (net) in the summer being "happy wiv wot wiv got".

Chickens cummin ooam to rooast.

Off fo me flu jab this morning. God Bless the NHS.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 06-10-2018 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Paper thin squad but Goat was happy to spend nowt (net) in the summer being "happy wiv wot wiv got".

Chickens cummin ooam to rooast.

Off fo me flu jab this morning. God Bless the NHS.
    How’s your foot SB , on the mend ?

Pot cummin off inna fotnit--hopefully really a fotnit and not like Woodrow.

Nurse ez promised me a "Brave Boy" Sticker if I dunt scream wi pain.

Cheers fo askin ESR. Missing mi live football.

Ben Williams was immense today! We looked more solid with him in there than we do normally, Pinillos will struggle to get back in now?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Pot cummin off inna fotnit--hopefully really a fotnit and not like Woodrow.

Nurse ez promised me a "Brave Boy" Sticker if I dunt scream wi pain.

Cheers fo askin ESR. Missing mi live football.
    Good to hear mate you’ve not missed anything apart from today’s performance which was night and day compared with the crap from the last few weeks. Peterborough like to attack and that played into our hands and they just couldn’t live with us on the break .