+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Night of Nights

Glad you got your pick with king of punk! Frankly there’s no room in any camera for me and him to be in together just too hefty🤣🤣 . Got to say the extra £20 for a pic annoys me no end in a word GREED (on someones part. ) rant over c u there.
    Last edited by B4 i go; 10-10-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Glad you got your pick with king of punk! Frankly there’s no room in any camera for me and him to be in together just too hefty���� . Got to say the extra £20 for a pic annoys me no end in a word GREED (on someones part. ) rant over c u there.
    .. Ok mate .. looking forward to it and I will see you there !

Went to the Gazza thingy at the Whitehall not too long ago and it was a complete money making exercise ran by the same people that's doing the 83 thing.

For 1 hour when he was recalling his experiences and telling some brilliant stories it was excellent but I was sat in my seat for 2 and a half hours while the promoters mostly tried to flog loads of auction 5hite.

Hope yous have a great night guys but the rip off ticket prices and my experience of a similar night ran by the same promotion company means I won't be anywhere near there.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Went to the Gazza thingy at the Whitehall not too long ago and it was a complete money making exercise ran by the same people that's doing the 83 thing.

For 1 hour when he was recalling his experiences and telling some brilliant stories it was excellent but I was sat in my seat for 2 and a half hours while the promoters mostly tried to flog loads of auction 5hite.

Hope yous have a great night guys but the rip off ticket prices and my experience of a similar night ran by the same promotion company means I won't be anywhere near there.

Not sure that £29 is actually a rip off if I'm being honest, not when you consider the vast majority of that great team will be in attendance to give their first hand recollection of what will more than likely be the greatest achievement the club will ever manage . Im not sure what you get for under £30 in terms of a night out at a show at the theatre elsewhere but in my experience its not a lot and given we are talking about a 1 off chance to recognise these guys like this I personally don't think its actually over the top .
    Put it in to perspective and ask what we pay to get in to Tannadice every week for 90 minutes watching guys not in the same league as the legends we are talking about here ?
    Also the ticket prices are cheaper than what we paid for Gazza and you would like to think these guys mean more to us all than Gazza .

I was at the Gazza show too and I agree that it was a great night and the auction part didn't really bother me too much as I spent most of pre show drinking in the bar .
    My mate was getting a bit restless though and quizzed one of the events team in the passing about when gazza was coming on and was told the auction was ran by Gazzas management team and was a condition of getting him to come so just playing devils advocate here but maybe it was a necessary evil in order to get him to Dundee !

Anyway I didn't mean to start any great debate here , I just thought it would be a fitting tribute to our 83 heroes if we all got behind this and gave them a long over due night of recognition .
    Go and help make it a great night or stay home and watch Ant & dec its up to you but Ive said my bit and I know where I will be !
    Last edited by DBDU; 11-10-2018 at 08:33 AM.

I don't there is a lack of recognition really when it comes to the 83 team.

Each to their own if they go or not.

I can't go as I'm out of town that night anyway.

£53.00 is mental IMO.

I’ve been to a few of these types of evenings & met pretty much all the squad and no doubt heard all the stories.

This is a cash grab.

Distinctly meh I'm afraid....

Guy i know was at the gazza “thingy” (certainly not me) and told me gazza’s 9 in a row shirt got auctioned for £2000 omg wonder how many times THATS been flogged? Got to put a wee good word for the whitehall theatre here as they dont dictate prices ( maybe bar prices) its greedy promoters,agents etc. Seen loads of non sport or music related shows for great value over the years there.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Guy i know was at the gazza “thingy” (certainly not me) and told me gazza’s 9 in a row shirt got auctioned for £2000 omg wonder how many times THATS been flogged? Got to put a wee good word for the whitehall theatre here as they dont dictate prices ( maybe bar prices) its greedy promoters,agents etc. Seen loads of non sport or music related shows for great value over the years there.
    These event prices are also dictated by the fee of the people of interest appearing.

Since there is as far as I know an undefined number of 83 legends appearing then they will all get a fee.

On that does anyone know exactly who is appearing?

EDIT: It's 8 of them

[QUOTE=PortugueseFrank;39036422]These event prices are also dictated by the fee of the people of interest appearing.

More or less the point i was making in first post.
    And Why the extra £20 for pics?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)