+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Night of Nights

Night of Nights

That feeling when.....

TICKETS ON SALE 9am FRI 5th OCT!! Be quick!

Come celebrate Dundee United's finest moments with some of the players that made it all possible.

Ralph Milne scored a fine goal to send Dundee United fans wild during a derby victory at the ground of their rivals that clinched the title in '83.

Join members of the team as they take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the good old days when Dundee United were the force to be reckoned with in Scotland. The players will be on stage recounting stories and sharing special memories in this one-off intimate event that will mean everything to both the players and fans in attendance. VIPs will also get the opportunity to meet the players before the show and have a photograph with their heroes that will provide a priceless memento of the evening.

Emotions will be high and nostalgia will be in full flow on a night that is certainly not to be missed for all die-hard Dundee United fans! In today’s Glasgow domination of Scottish football it feels nigh on impossible to recapture that golden period for Dundee United and so it feels even more fitting that we pay homage to the men that made it happen.

This team fully merit this night and the event will provide them with the honour and recognition they truly deserve.

An Evening with The Tangerine Terrors
    A celebration of Dundee United’s famous League Winning Legends of ‘83

Saturday 17th November 2018
    Whitehall Theatre Dundee

Tickets
    General Admission £29.50 +bf

VIP (Including premium seats, player meet & greet plus photograph) £47.50 +bf

Tickets available via dundeebox.co.uk or call 01382 434 940

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    That feeling when.....

TICKETS ON SALE 9am FRI 5th OCT!! Be quick!

Come celebrate Dundee United's finest moments with some of the players that made it all possible.

Ralph Milne scored a fine goal to send Dundee United fans wild during a derby victory at the ground of their rivals that clinched the title in '83.

Join members of the team as they take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the good old days when Dundee United were the force to be reckoned with in Scotland. The players will be on stage recounting stories and sharing special memories in this one-off intimate event that will mean everything to both the players and fans in attendance. VIPs will also get the opportunity to meet the players before the show and have a photograph with their heroes that will provide a priceless memento of the evening.

Emotions will be high and nostalgia will be in full flow on a night that is certainly not to be missed for all die-hard Dundee United fans! In today’s Glasgow domination of Scottish football it feels nigh on impossible to recapture that golden period for Dundee United and so it feels even more fitting that we pay homage to the men that made it happen.

This team fully merit this night and the event will provide them with the honour and recognition they truly deserve.

An Evening with The Tangerine Terrors
    A celebration of Dundee United’s famous League Winning Legends of ‘83

Saturday 17th November 2018
    Whitehall Theatre Dundee

Tickets
    General Admission £29.50 +bf

VIP (Including premium seats, player meet & greet plus photograph) £47.50 +bf

Tickets available via dundeebox.co.uk or call 01382 434 940
    I thought the Shed Boys would be all over this given its the 35th Anniversary of the title win but I've just went online to get my dads ticket and it looks as though this is a bit of a slow burner !

I actually had a ( Drunken ) bet with a FUN supporting friend of mine over a few ales on Saturday that this event will be far better supported than their night with Caniggia and although its very early days I was a bit surprised to see there hadn't been more tickets snapped up already !

Don't get me wrong I still believe all true Arabs will be there en masse to make sure the lads of 83' finally get the PROPER recognition that's long over due in my opinion... BUT … if I'm wrong , will I be alone in thinking that its a maybe a bit of a poor reflection on us as fans that we cant pack the place out for these guys after all the marvellous memories they gave to us while some argentine drug addict who only played a handful of matches in a side that won nothing will be walking out to heroes welcome from that lot across the road .

I'm sure we all agree that cant be allowed to happen so maybe its time to rally the troops , get the place rocking and make sure that this is night to remember not only for us lot but also for Heggy, bannon, Hamish, Malpas ,Luggy etc … surely its the least they deserve !
    FTD83 ..

Got my ticket on Monday very expensive though £53 be good to see the legends hopefully get my championship winners shirt signed by the players

Quote Originally Posted by chuckyboy View Post
    Got my ticket on Monday very expensive though £53 be good to see the legends hopefully get my championship winners shirt signed by the players
    I take it that £53 must be after booking fee etc is added on as I seen is as £49.50 for a VIP ?

in fairness I guess there must be a bit of cost involved when you considered the majority of the team are going to be there plus hire of the venue etc .
    I Ended up getting a standard seat which I think was £29 + BF which I felt was reasonable when you consider what we pay to watch complete dross every Saturday plus its a once in a lifetime chance to see all these guys on stage together and hear all the stories first hand so all in all I don't think its overly expensive.
    im actually having second thoughts now and thinking of upgrading my ticket to get to meet the lads pre show and have that picture but either way I cant wait .

It's over a month away, don't see how it's a reflection of anything other than that

The reason the muppets packed out caniggia is genuinely that little period where they got 23mil into debt and only have 6th place and a cup final loss to show for it is their best days following dundee lol

Would be like us packing out an event for olofsson, pedersen etc, only that utd team was better and did more in one year than their 23m experiment

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's over a month away, don't see how it's a reflection of anything other than that

The reason the muppets packed out caniggia is genuinely that little period where they got 23mil into debt and only have 6th place and a cup final loss to show for it is their best days following dundee lol

Would be like us packing out an event for olofsson, pedersen etc, only that utd team was better and did more in one year than their 23m experiment

I think you're missing my point mate .

These guys are club legends, in fact these guys are more than that they are the reason , directly or indirectly , that a very large part of the clubs fan base is what it today due to what they achieved and all I was saying was its surprising more people haven't been quicker to jump all over this and that I hope that changes as the team of 83' deserve their night !

The point about the Caniggia night stands because one thing I know from having a few Dee mates is they may have been guff for a very long time but whether its Caniggia or any of their other past players like the Title winning dinner at the Caird hall or the 120th Anniversary Dinner one thing you have to say is that these celebrations are always well supported .

Now that may or may not be because they've been starved of any real success as their club has spent the last 40+ years toiling but the one thing you cant deny them is they turn out to recognise their clubs legends and I think its important that our 83' lads get that same level of recognition from our fans don't you ?

If it was olofsson , Pederson etc then as good as they were I could understand it wouldn't be a huge turn out but this group of players are worthy of their night and I hope youre right in that with it being still a while off that come the evening of the show these guys are walking out to the ovation they deserve !

Wonder how many of THAT team will actually be there, who the host is how long is it on for ? not enough info on whitehall theatre website. Extra £20 for vip (meet x players b4 gig) why? Let everyone meet them for a photo anyway whats the big deal? Whitehall promised the same thing with John Lydon few weeks ago ( very lucky if you got a photo) However,was there for the bollox and will be there for the terrors. Book a cheap seat for me😉🍺.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Wonder how many of THAT team will actually be there, who the host is how long is it on for ? not enough info on whitehall theatre website. Extra £20 for vip (meet x players b4 gig) why? Let everyone meet them for a photo anyway whats the big deal? Whitehall promised the same thing with John Lydon few weeks ago ( very lucky if you got a photo) However,was there for the bollox and will be there for the terrors. Book a cheap seat for me����.
    I would imagine the reason EVERYONE cant get a picture will be down to time constraints.
    As far as I know at this stage Holt , Riley , Hegarty, Malpas , McAlpine , Bannon, Dodds & Luggy will all definitely be there ( that's some line up when you think about it , I Wonder if they are free earlier in the day at say 3pm ).

That part about the John Lydon night isnt true ( I was there ) .
    Firstly there was never any promise of everyone getting a picture with Lydon it was sold as a signing session at the end of the show . After speaking to quite a few people who were at the Lydon show they all managed to not only get at least one autograph but they all managed to get a picture with him so as far Im aware everyone who wanted a picture with him got one including myself and the guy stayed until after 2am to make sure that was the case .. I should know as I was at the back of the line ..

Anyway that's by the by the point is hopefully this will be a great night for the boys of 83 and they get the turn out they deserve , im sure thats one thing we would agree that we all want for them !

Yeah of course hope its an absoulute sellout as it should be. Just a couple of wee niggly points bout lydon.obviously i was there also and never seen any photo opportunitys afterwards but sure, i was gagging for more drink and left so cant argue but.... why was it highlighted in tully that he was on the pixx in Dundee around midnight? that was Thursday not Friday. Also as you know it was a full house for ONE guy not 15 or whatever so..... if he can stay behind (sic) for photos why cant 15 or so legends????? Surely be quicker than one guy forming a Q? No offence just a couple of FACTS.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Yeah of course hope its an absoulute sellout as it should be. Just a couple of wee niggly points bout lydon.obviously i was there also and never seen any photo opportunitys afterwards but sure, i was gagging for more drink and left so cant argue but.... why was it highlighted in tully that he was on the pixx in Dundee around midnight? that was Thursday not Friday. Also as you know it was a full house for ONE guy not 15 or whatever so..... if he can stay behind (sic) for photos why cant 15 or so legends????? Surely be quicker than one guy forming a Q? No offence just a couple of FACTS.
    Im pretty sure the paper article said he stayed up late after his show at the Whitehall I don't think it said he was on the drink at midnight although he certainly had a drink in his hand when I got my picture with him . Im not sure where you went afterwards but had you walked through to the bar area that's were Lydon was sat and as I say I was there waiting in a line until 2am .

I have no idea what the contractual agreements are between the 83 lads and the promoter mate you would need to ask them , maybe the players are only contracted to do a certain amount of pictures , maybe they are expecting a full house for this show which would then mean a good few hundred more people needing to get pictures than were there at the lydon night because as good a night as that was , it WASNT a sell out ( there were plenty seats left in the main area and the upstair balconies weren't even opened ) .
    As I said I was still waiting at 2am for my picture with Lydon so god knows what time it would be if there were a good few hundred extra people needing pictures . Im just guessing though and Ive really no idea mate all I know is ive got my ticket and hope this is a full house for the greatest set of players who have ever wore the tangerine & Black !
    Last edited by DBDU; 10-10-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)