+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Night of Nights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wonder how many of THAT team will actually be there, who the host is how long is it on for ? not enough info on whitehall theatre website. Extra £20 for vip (meet x players b4 gig) why? Let everyone meet them for a photo anyway whats the big deal? Whitehall promised the same thing with John Lydon few weeks ago ( very lucky if you got a photo) However,was there for the bollox and will be there for the terrors. Book a cheap seat for me😉🍺.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Wonder how many of THAT team will actually be there, who the host is how long is it on for ? not enough info on whitehall theatre website. Extra £20 for vip (meet x players b4 gig) why? Let everyone meet them for a photo anyway whats the big deal? Whitehall promised the same thing with John Lydon few weeks ago ( very lucky if you got a photo) However,was there for the bollox and will be there for the terrors. Book a cheap seat for me����.
    I would imagine the reason EVERYONE cant get a picture will be down to time constraints.
    As far as I know at this stage Holt , Riley , Hegarty, Malpas , McAlpine , Bannon, Dodds & Luggy will all definitely be there ( that's some line up when you think about it , I Wonder if they are free earlier in the day at say 3pm ).

That part about the John Lydon night isnt true ( I was there ) .
    Firstly there was never any promise of everyone getting a picture with Lydon it was sold as a signing session at the end of the show . After speaking to quite a few people who were at the Lydon show they all managed to not only get at least one autograph but they all managed to get a picture with him so as far Im aware everyone who wanted a picture with him got one including myself and the guy stayed until after 2am to make sure that was the case .. I should know as I was at the back of the line ..

Anyway that's by the by the point is hopefully this will be a great night for the boys of 83 and they get the turn out they deserve , im sure thats one thing we would agree that we all want for them !

Yeah of course hope its an absoulute sellout as it should be. Just a couple of wee niggly points bout lydon.obviously i was there also and never seen any photo opportunitys afterwards but sure, i was gagging for more drink and left so cant argue but.... why was it highlighted in tully that he was on the pixx in Dundee around midnight? that was Thursday not Friday. Also as you know it was a full house for ONE guy not 15 or whatever so..... if he can stay behind (sic) for photos why cant 15 or so legends????? Surely be quicker than one guy forming a Q? No offence just a couple of FACTS.

Yeah of course hope its an absoulute sellout as it should be. Just a couple of wee niggly points bout lydon.obviously i was there also and never seen any photo opportunitys afterwards but sure, i was gagging for more drink and left so cant argue but.... why was it highlighted in tully that he was on the pixx in Dundee around midnight? that was Thursday not Friday. Also as you know it was a full house for ONE guy not 15 or whatever so..... if he can stay behind (sic) for photos why cant 15 or so legends????? Surely be quicker than one guy forming a Q? No offence just a couple of FACTS.
    Im pretty sure the paper article said he stayed up late after his show at the Whitehall I don't think it said he was on the drink at midnight although he certainly had a drink in his hand when I got my picture with him . Im not sure where you went afterwards but had you walked through to the bar area that's were Lydon was sat and as I say I was there waiting in a line until 2am .

I have no idea what the contractual agreements are between the 83 lads and the promoter mate you would need to ask them , maybe the players are only contracted to do a certain amount of pictures , maybe they are expecting a full house for this show which would then mean a good few hundred more people needing to get pictures than were there at the lydon night because as good a night as that was , it WASNT a sell out ( there were plenty seats left in the main area and the upstair balconies weren't even opened ) .
    As I said I was still waiting at 2am for my picture with Lydon so god knows what time it would be if there were a good few hundred extra people needing pictures . Im just guessing though and Ive really no idea mate all I know is ive got my ticket and hope this is a full house for the greatest set of players who have ever wore the tangerine & Black !
    Last edited by DBDU; 10-10-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Glad you got your pick with king of punk! Frankly there’s no room in any camera for me and him to be in together just too hefty🤣🤣 . Got to say the extra £20 for a pic annoys me no end in a word GREED (on someones part. ) rant over c u there.
    Last edited by B4 i go; 10-10-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Glad you got your pick with king of punk! Frankly there’s no room in any camera for me and him to be in together just too hefty���� . Got to say the extra £20 for a pic annoys me no end in a word GREED (on someones part. ) rant over c u there.
    .. Ok mate .. looking forward to it and I will see you there !

Went to the Gazza thingy at the Whitehall not too long ago and it was a complete money making exercise ran by the same people that's doing the 83 thing.

For 1 hour when he was recalling his experiences and telling some brilliant stories it was excellent but I was sat in my seat for 2 and a half hours while the promoters mostly tried to flog loads of auction 5hite.

Hope yous have a great night guys but the rip off ticket prices and my experience of a similar night ran by the same promotion company means I won't be anywhere near there.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)