+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Uh ho - AH in a hurry again :(

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Jesus wept.Doing 77 in a 40 zone doesn't seem bad.Come on Delroy ffs.
    You skipped the important part of my sentence - "on the A52 where the limit is usually 70".

The road is built for that speed and it's perfectly safe to do that speed on it, the limit is currently reduced in certain sections because there are parts of the central divider that are unfinished but in other long sections of the road there is nothing different to how it always is. My point was that it's not like he was flying through town on a 40mph road doing 77.

And in reply to Old_Pie's comment about him going 10% over 70... No chance you'd get pulled over doing that speed, doubt you would trigger a speed camera either, whether you should or not is another issue but most people do 80mph on the motorway and a policeman wouldn't waste his time talking to you.

Not saying he is right, but judging by the number of cars that pass me on the way to Meadow Lane from Leicester, the majority of drivers travel faster than the speed limit, but most are not caught.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    How do you work that one out.If a child or car run/pull out in front of you,think you will be doing an emergency stop.The only difference will be impact/injuries
    Yes but if you were doing 70 mph you would have been past the child before it ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    You skipped the important part of my sentence - "on the A52 where the limit is usually 70".

The road is built for that speed and it's perfectly safe to do that speed on it, the limit is currently reduced in certain sections because there are parts of the central divider that are unfinished but in other long sections of the road there is nothing different to how it always is. My point was that it's not like he was flying through town on a 40mph road doing 77.

And in reply to Old_Pie's comment about him going 10% over 70... No chance you'd get pulled over doing that speed, doubt you would trigger a speed camera either, whether you should or not is another issue but most people do 80mph on the motorway and a policeman wouldn't waste his time talking to you.
    No I didn't skip the most important part.Doesn't matter what it usually is. It was reduced,no matter what the limit is normally.
    Yes, the Police will do you for doing 80.I'm afraid it's down to the individual in the car & what they want to set the speed gun at.Have 2 relations in Traffic.
    Last edited by irishpete; 08-10-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    I wonder how many of the critics of AH on this thread have done this speed?, not that they will admit it.
    Yep,been done for speeding.Got on with it.Also ran into the back of somebody 2 weeks ago,they just stopped when pulled out onto a dual carriageway.Wether I think I was hard done by,due to his actions,the law is, I was in the wrong.Just paid for the damage.

I wonder how many of the critics of AH on this thread have done this speed?, not that they will admit it.
    I am a constant over the speed limit driver, where safety and common sense allow. Only been caught once (100km in a 60km on a restricted bit of autobahn) paid my DM120 fine and never whinged about it. He knew what he was doing and should take what is coming his way. If he is wriggling because he is near to the points limit then more fool him.

Triumph Bonneville, 95mph on University Boulevard. When I was young and daft and knew I was going to live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I am a constant over the speed limit driver, where safety and common sense allow. Only been caught once (100km in a 60km on a restricted bit of autobahn) paid my DM120 fine and never whinged about it. He knew what he was doing and should take what is coming his way. If he is wriggling because he is near to the points limit then more fool him.
    Perhaps though he also believed that safety and common sense allowed him to drive at that speed.

Driving over the limit, and common sense simply do not go together. There are always reasons for the speed limits.

How do you know it's safe? Do you know who might be coming out of a side road. When you do and you see a vehicle approaching, it is impossible to know at what speed they are driving. I often pull out of a junction near my home, with absolute safety if the cars are coming along at 30mph, only to discover that within seconds they are right behind you and must have been driving at 50 - 55 mph.

I understand that on a clear motorway it appears to be totally safe, but you only need one other car who doesn't realise how fast you are travelling and the consequences can be disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    You also know nothing about my personality which again is a moronic statement, but only to be expected. As for hobbies I might take up train spotting let me know when you are going again I will come with you!
    Unfortunately I do not share your obsession with train spotting and must admit that my judgement of your personality is only based on your FootyMad persona, hardly moronic as that's all I have to go on. You could well be a jolly nice chap in real life. I suspect none of us on here are quite the same in the 'real world' as we are when typing on here. I hope that's true for most of us in fact

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Triumph Bonneville, 95mph on University Boulevard. When I was young and daft and knew I was going to live forever.
    I'm not even going to tell you my worst youthful-idiot speeding offence. The older I get the less proud of it I become but suffice to say it was more than triple the speed limit, I was young and stupid and I would never dream of doing something so mindless again.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast