+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Uh ho - AH in a hurry again :(

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Oct 6
    Replying to @radish22

I’ve passed my Advanced Driving Test so take driving and safe driving extremely seriously. Have you taken yours?
    Obviously didn't take too much on board did you Alan....wonder if you would think differently if your George had ran out in front of your car?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No I didn't skip the most important part.Doesn't matter what it usually is. It was reduced,no matter what the limit is normally.
    I do think that the context matters though, if he'd done it on a road that is a permanent 40mph speed limit it would be shocking and ridiculous to do that much over. Truth is he's gone marginally over what is the normal speed limit for the road which is still bad and he's obviously still made a mistake, but it's not like he was out on a joyride completely taking the p*ss doing whatever speed he felt like through the middle of town.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I do think that the context matters though, if he'd done it on a road that is a permanent 40mph speed limit it would be shocking and ridiculous to do that much over. Truth is he's gone marginally over what is the normal speed limit for the road which is still bad and he's obviously still made a mistake, but it's not like he was out on a joyride completely taking the p*ss doing whatever speed he felt like through the middle of town.
    So,whats the point in temporary speed limits,if its ok to ignore them & batter on doing the normal speed for that road.The bloke is nearly 50 & crying like a wain.Hope he gets the book thrown at him for being a smug bstard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Triumph Bonneville, 95mph on University Boulevard. When I was young and daft and knew I was going to live forever.
    Nottingham Aces? Saturday night burn? I remember those!

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Obviously didn't take too much on board did you Alan....wonder if you would think differently if your George had ran out in front of your car?

Your obvious hatred for our owner shines like a beacon..

I think you are missing the real context. If it was in a permanent 40mph zone then he could plead complacency the context is he was in a newly restricted zone because that zone had been restricted for a reason. It was new, he should have been more cautious. As for the pathetic "Advance driver" comments as far as I remember advance training teaches how to drive more effectively WITHIN the law.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I think you are missing the real context. If it was in a permanent 40mph zone then he could plead complacency the context is he was in a newly restricted zone because that zone had been restricted for a reason. It was new, he should have been more cautious. As for the pathetic "Advance driver" comments as far as I remember advance training teaches how to drive more effectively WITHIN the law.
    You don't think he was possibly thinking it was the same speed as usual and was travelling at that speed out of habit? Surely that's more complacency than flying down a road without even checking the speed and going almost twice over?

And irishpete I'm not saying it's okay to ignore temporary limits at all, I'm just saying that it's not as bad in this circumstance because the road he was doing it on normally handles traffic doing that speed whereas a road that is always 40 will not be, that's why it's full time speed limit is set at 40.

You don't think he was possibly thinking it was the same speed as usual and was travelling at that speed out of habit? Surely that's more complacency than flying down a road without even checking the speed and going almost twice over?

And irishpete I'm not saying it's okay to ignore temporary limits at all, I'm just saying that it's not as bad in this circumstance because the road he was doing it on normally handles traffic doing that speed whereas a road that is always 40 will not be, that's why it's full time speed limit is set at 40.
    If there are speeding signs which say '40', then whatever the road, whatever any restrictions, it doesn't matter. To say 'it's not as bad' is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Your obvious hatred for our owner shines like a beacon..
    Don't forget them reduced speeds are because people are working on the roads. but that doesn't matter if they lose there life does it Hardy you have taken a advanced driving test.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    If there are speeding signs which say '40', then whatever the road, whatever any restrictions, it doesn't matter. To say 'it's not as bad' is ridiculous.
    I'm really not sure what people are finding difficult to understand. I'll make one last attempt to make my point clear -

THE ROAD IS A DUAL CARRIAGEWAY BUILT TO HANDLE TRAFFIC GOING 70MPH

Therefore - Doing the roads NORMAL speed limit when there was a temporary restriction in place IS NOT AS BAD as doing that kind of speed on a road that has a maximum speed limit of 40mph ALL THE TIME. Yes, it's still speeding as there was a temporary limit at the time and it's still illegal and it's still very naughty, Mr Hardy deserves his seat on the naughty step. However, if he had done it on a road that is always 40mph it would be MUCH worse.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast