+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Uh ho - AH in a hurry again :(

... he should now do the IAMRoadsmart course and test. This will give the smart alec some perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I think the main criticism is his attitude to it and how he tries to justify doing 77 (10% over the National Speed limit in any event) and I can't help wonder what signals that sends out to all people who look up to him, kids, young footballers, employees etc etc. And then doing it all on a public platform (twitter) for all to see including any magistrate or police officer who might be involved in the court hearing.
    Exactly, not sharpest knife is he.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Triumph Bonneville, 95mph on University Boulevard. When I was young and daft and knew I was going to live forever.
    Wait for this then... I did 45mph on my Vespa 125 on University Boulevard way back in my MOD days in the 60's....Think it was the weight of the chrome luggage rack, wing mirrors, and the fox tail hanging on the back ariel that was causing the back-drag....

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... he should now do the IAMRoadsmart course and test. This will give the smart alec some perspective

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Oct 6
    Replying to @radish22

I’ve passed my Advanced Driving Test so take driving and safe driving extremely seriously. Have you taken yours?

When I was still at school and living on Wilford Lane in Bridgford I remember my dad coming home really downcast one day. The reason – after 40 years of careful driving, he’d been given a speeding ticket for driving at 25mph on the Embankment!

As someone who once got fined on consecutive days for doing 35mph in a 30mph area, my advice to AH is to stop whingeing and take your medicine.

Here, according to t’internet, are the most popular excuses when motorists are caught speeding:

Claimed they were speeding in an emergency
    Claimed to have been out of the country when the offence happened
    Claimed they no longer owned the car
    Claimed they weren’t driving the car
    Ignored the fine and hoped the whole thing would go away

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Wait for this then... I did 45mph on my Vespa 125 on University Boulevard way back in my MOD days in the 60's....Think it was the weight of the chrome luggage rack, wing mirrors, and the fox tail hanging on the back ariel that was causing the back-drag....
    At least you were slow enough for people to see how cool you looked

I'm a Mod at heart, albeit a revivalist from the late 70's. Always said I was born 15 years too late, would have loved to have been a young'un in the '60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    At least you were slow enough for people to see how cool you looked

I'm a Mod at heart, albeit a revivalist from the late 70's. Always said I was born 15 years too late, would have loved to have been a young'un in the '60s.
    I progressed from a Vespa to a Lambretta to a Ford Capri during the 60s – great days!

Once I had all my chrome racks and mirrors nicked while I was in a pub in Stapleford.

Were you ever out that way Wedgie?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Oct 6
    Replying to @radish22

I’ve passed my Advanced Driving Test so take driving and safe driving extremely seriously. Have you taken yours?
    Well Mr H - I passed too. As the people at IAM and the police say, knowing the rules, ' more fool you'. Perhaps you need a re-test as you clearly do not take safe driving seriously enough!

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I progressed from a Vespa to a Lambretta to a Ford Capri during the 60s – great days!

Once I had all my chrome racks and mirrors nicked while I was in a pub in Stapleford.

Brilliant 60YAP, I had a clapped out Lambretta (but not for long) before eventually progressing to cars, and for a while had a 1974 Ford Capri, yellow with black vinyl roof and white mag wheels. Blew the engine up then scrapped it. Oh what I would give to have that car back now, I'd certainly take more care of it than I did back then!

Not surprised you had your racks nicked while in Stabbo!

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

Wasn't the Warren arms was it 60 ?

I came from Beeston...I progressed from a Vespa scooter to a Three-Wheeled Bond Mini, soft top I would have you know...The bloody thing was a mare to start, had to kick start it by lifting the bonnet...Turned it over going around Priory Island...write off unfortunately

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast