+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Uh ho - AH in a hurry again :(

Never had a bad word to say about AH but he’s well off the mark with his recent twitter rants about speeding.
    I’ll hold my hands up and say I’ve been caught speeding before, but I only had myself to blame and the limits are there for a reason.
    Trying to justify it because you consider yourself a better driver than others on the road is just arrogant and moronic.
    A good driver going at 40mph is going to be able to emergency stop quicker than a good driver going at 77mph.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    A good driver going at 40mph is going to be able to emergency stop quicker than a good driver going at 77mph.
    A good driver going at 40mph is less likely to need an emergency stop than a driver going at 77mph.

The amount of people that are going down the A52 at ~70 in the current reduced 40mph limit from Bardill's roundabout towards Derby currently is pretty ridiculous. I felt like a right tw*t going the speed limit the other day with everyone and their grandparents overtaking me... Not surprised to read that it was on the A52 AH got caught. They'd rake in the tickets if they sat on their every day clocking people.

No I don't think everyone doing it makes it right, but horde mentality is a thing imo and when you see everyone else ignoring the speed limit and going the speed the road usually is I think it changes the mind of a lot of people. 77 in a 40 doesn't seem so bad on the A52 where the limit is usually 70 and most people are still doing that speed

How we ever got to the stage where it's become the accepted norm for people to be tearing around everywhere at speed in great big lumps of metal is beyond me, The amount of people killed on UK roads alone is mind boggling, "Between 1951 and 2006 a total of 309,144 people were killed and 17.6 million were injured", it's a total outrage when you think about it, it's like casualties of a war out there. The quicker we get to automated vehicles the better. They'll still be accidents but far far less of them. In an ideal world I'd do away cars altogether. Hate them with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    The amount of people that are going down the A52 at ~70 in the current reduced 40mph limit from Bardill's roundabout towards Derby currently is pretty ridiculous. I felt like a right tw*t going the speed limit the other day with everyone and their grandparents overtaking me... Not surprised to read that it was on the A52 AH got caught. They'd rake in the tickets if they sat on their every day clocking people.

No I don't think everyone doing it makes it right, but horde mentality is a thing imo and when you see everyone else ignoring the speed limit and going the speed the road usually is I think it changes the mind of a lot of people. 77 in a 40 doesn't seem so bad on the A52 where the limit is usually 70 and most people are still doing that speed
    Jesus wept.Doing 77 in a 40 zone doesn't seem bad.Come on Delroy ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    A good driver going at 40mph is less likely to need an emergency stop than a driver going at 77mph.
    How do you work that one out.If a child or car run/pull out in front of you,think you will be doing an emergency stop.The only difference will be impact/injuries

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It doesn't change any of that for me either, I said I like what he's done at the club. You can't say though it's his personal account etc then say if you're in the public eye you need to be more careful as they don't go together. He is chairman of Notts County and trying to justify speeding when people in his fan base have lost family members to speeding drivers is pretty crass whatever form of social media it is on.

I always have stuck up for AH but just think he's best keeping quiet on certain issues that's all.
    You are right a personal social media account of someone that is in the public eye is no longer personal, and I agree it would have been better if he had kept quiet on this occasion.

He'll do anything for 3 points.

I wonder how many of the critics of AH on this thread have done this speed?, not that they will admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    I wonder how many of the critics of AH on this thread have done this speed?, not that they will admit it.
    I think the main criticism is his attitude to it and how he tries to justify doing 77 (10% over the National Speed limit in any event) and I can't help wonder what signals that sends out to all people who look up to him, kids, young footballers, employees etc etc. And then doing it all on a public platform (twitter) for all to see including any magistrate or police officer who might be involved in the court hearing.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast