+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: O/T:- Uh ho - AH in a hurry again :(

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Conveniently ignoring that a road with restrictions will have obstructions etc that an unrestricted won't, including people working. Whether there was or not at the time, the restriction was there for a purpose.
    Yes sometimes they do and if anyone is working on the roads, then throw the book at the idiot. However a previous poster alluded to the section of road he was caught at and there appears to be no work being carried out and it sounds like the council are using it for a cash cow.

I do a lot of miles up and down the country and a lot of the time wonder what a certain speed restriction was for. It's either lazy signage or a money spinner when the council needs a new bus lane.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Yes sometimes they do and if anyone is working on the roads, then throw the book at the idiot. However a previous poster alluded to the section of road he was caught at and there appears to be no work being carried out and it sounds like the council are using it for a cash cow.

I do a lot of miles up and down the country and a lot of the time wonder what a certain speed restriction was for. It's either lazy signage or a money spinner when the council needs a new bus lane.
    I have travelled miles on the M1 with restricted speed limits and never seen a workman. The traffic cone business must be thriving though

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011