+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Entitled to

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Because the captain had to step in. An example of how it isn't simply about who the manager is.

It took the players under Houstie to make it work and win the cup and get him the permanent job.

A wider point I'm making here
    Ok i had no idea that happened. But he did take on a strong winning team as well. i think the point you make that it needs to be a team effort is true - strong leadership required regardless

You are right. Apologies. As an old man I keep mixing you two up.
    stoke will love that

Livingston have gone from Hopkins to Miller to Holt.

It's not just simply about management.
    If you look at Hearts and Hibs you can see that it's precisely about management. Sound boards making good decisions and appointing the right managers (exc the Cathro experiment obv) You could add Celtic and Sevco (Gerrard) into that although it muddied the waters slightly.

It's no coincidence that our best years were delivered by excellent Board of Directors making the right managerial appointments. So yes, it IS about management. Other things have to click too though.

You are right. Apologies. As an old man I keep mixing you two up.
    Shakes head, deary me 😅

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Shakes head, deary me 😅
    Again. Apologies. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If you look at Hearts and Hibs you can see that it's precisely about management. Sound boards making good decisions and appointing the right managers (exc the Cathro experiment obv) You could add Celtic and Sevco (Gerrard) into that although it muddied the waters slightly.

It's no coincidence that our best years were delivered by excellent Board of Directors making the right managerial appointments. So yes, it IS about management. Other things have to click too though.
    I think it's a mix of both. I'm not sating it's all one or the other.

This debate is good.

Again. Apologies. 😂
    No need! No offence taken 😊

ah you two lovebirds - its wonderful

Because the captain had to step in. An example of how it isn't simply about who the manager is.

It took the players under Houstie to make it work and win the cup and get him the permanent job.

A wider point I'm making here
    Shedka's gonna put you on his ignore list😂

Dinnae dis Housty........ or Neilson 😏

Quote Originally Posted by shedruleyabasx View Post
    ah you two lovebirds - its wonderful
    Shedboy71 will be jealous now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)