+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Frack me

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I'm in pieces, Exile. Brought to the brink by your forensic skills.

What are your views on Islam? Say what you want - raging will go all earnest and congratulate you on your honesty.

Any examples of me being abusive to animal?
    So you don't recall pouring scorn & derision on his previous place of work/employment

Well I like you very much, Exile.

I'm sorry for being vague, but I really can't recall how I initially upset you. And let's be honest, you probably can't either given the number of feuds you tend to start.

As for Kempo, I used to really enjoy his posts, but upset him initially by correcting him on the terms of the Abortion Act of all things. Thereafter, he just wanted to pick fights with me. I can't recall what in particular had upset him when you weighed in to tell him that he was a 'good man'. I'd look it up, but I have a life.
    You see Kerr that's the difference between us
    I can quite easily without fear of being accused of insincerity by stating I don't like you & it's not a crime
    Whereas you are quite happy to lie about your sincerity

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    So you don't recall pouring scorn & derision on his previous place of work/employment
    Tricky as I have no idea where he used to work or what he did

Link? Or do you just want to keep making a tit of yourself?

I think you do Kerr
    I know let's ask him

I was wondering if he would check in and comment. He may have died of embarrassment though.

Just out of interest what did he do for a living? I'm genuinely intrigued.

Whichever battery type, they still had to be charged up and a considerable amount (somewhere around 25% I believe) of that charging would achieve nothing more than lugging the battery around as they weighed over half a tonne. That's a lot of fossil fuel to be burned so that the drivers could feel worthy. That's the significance of the power to weight ratio.
    Doesn't quite work like that, once you've got the momentum adding extra weight doesn't have as big an impact on the fuel economy as you might imagine, this is something I learned converting a campervan. A person who understands the physics explained it to me in more detail, but I can say that not far from doubling the weight of the van probably took the fuel economy from 39mpg to 33mpg.

It's hardly surprising that the car could only carry two people with no luggage. It's also no surprise that GM decided to, ahem, pull the plug on what could never have been a commercial success.
    You ignore the fact that while the EV1 was a first generation experiment (with 270L of boot space as it happens), Toyota deemed it succesful enough to create a NIMH battery powered RAV4... and the only thing that stopped them selling it was getting sued by the oil company that owned the patents to NIMH battery technology. There was a waiting list of disappointed buyers.

There was nothing straw man in my post. I was making the point that electric vehicle technology doesn't meet the needs of anyone other than for a local commutes. Do electric car fetishists think we should all have two cars - one for short jaunts and one for longer trips? That would be good for the environment...
    Since the majority of trips are local commutes, that's an incredibly huge market you casually dismiss. The rise of the electric car now there is a viable battery that hasn't been patent encumbered demonstrates this.

You've ironically managed to throw a straw man into that paragraph, I doubt electric car advocates are promoting 2 car households. These days car sharing clubs are growing hugely, I'd personally think a far better and probably cost effective solution would be renting a car for long journeys, though this is more accessible in cities where I'd guess many people are within 10 mins walk of a club car. Though batteries can be charged quickly enough (30 mins) and the infrastructure is widespread enough these days that long trips increasingly shouldn't be an issue.

So, backtracking a little to before Kerr once again made a thread all about him, our choices are clear, we really do need to act now, and whether we like it or not, we all are going to need to make sacrifices, all the talk about battery powered cars is good and is all part and parcel of what we need to do, but look at it logically, the cars have limited range, and always will have. This is where public transport comes in, vastly improve the service, electrify it where possible, pedestrianise town/city centres, it's the only way...

Just out of interest what did he do for a living? I'm genuinely intrigued.
    He used to work for LBC

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    So, backtracking a little to before Kerr once again made a thread all about him, our choices are clear, we really do need to act now, and whether we like it or not, we all are going to need to make sacrifices, all the talk about battery powered cars is good and is all part and parcel of what we need to do, but look at it logically, the cars have limited range, and always will have. This is where public transport comes in, vastly improve the service, electrify it where possible, pedestrianise town/city centres, it's the only way...
    Mankind is only passing through this planet just as the dinosaurs were before us .

Mankind may disappear just as the dinosaurs did but the planet will eventually recover and other forms of life will take our place .

Whilst mankind has prospered through technology it's also come at a price , it always does because nobody has it all , there is always a price to be paid somewhere along the way .

I haven't any reason not to believe the science , I'd possibly question the 12 years which is probably more a heads up statement and place it possibly around 30 years , just my humble opinion .

Mankind won't change it's.ways , to save ourselves you need the.collective will , political parties putting economies before doing the smart thing , the electorate changing their lifestyles massively , I don't see it myself .

It's all about today , the here and now with mankind and it's difficult to imagine such a drastic change within society in my opinion that will save the planet .

As I said earlier we humans are only passing through and it is what it is .

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast