+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Frack me

What the climate scientists are saying now though is it's either going to get warmer or colder.

No ****, that's always been the case.

They're absolutely stealing a living.

Why would they make this stuff up gfire? In any case, surely it is best to err on the side of caution with something as serious as this because if it is right and nothing has been done to stop it we will be in deep sh it as a race. Also is it not a good thing to have a cleaner world anyway?

One day your descendants may very well thank the brilliant scientists and politicians / ordinary bods who had the foresight and knowledge to do summat about this problem before it was too late always assuming there are any descendants to do it.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-10-2018 at 04:04 PM.

I also go by that film "An Inconvenient Truth" which the left went mad for but has since been comprehensively debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I also go by that film "An Inconvenient Truth" which the left went mad for but has since been comprehensively debunked.
    No it hasnt! in fact the science is as strong today as it was when this film was first aired. Al Gore was taken to court about the usage and credibility of the science. The court ruled that the science was indeed credible but he used it for political gain.

He has now released an updated version which once again is supported by scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by zouch View Post
    No it hasnt! in fact the science is as strong today as it was when this film was first aired. Al Gore was taken to court about the usage and credibility of the science. The court ruled that the science was indeed credible but he used it for political gain.

He has now released an updated version which once again is supported by scientists.
    Sorry zouch, I'm afraid it has been debunked.

Infowars debunked it.

97% of all climate scientists accept that climate change is real, large and a threat to the future of humanity. That 97% basically concur with the vast majority of claims made by Vice President Al Gore in his Nobel Peace Prize winning film, An Inconvenient Truth.
    source is a Richard Muller, Professor of Physics at UC Berkeley

Rather amusingly i also found an article in 2007 https://www.theguardian.com/environm.../climatechange which is the closest i found to anything that debunked the film.
    The case was brought to challenge that schools show AL Gore's film to children by teachers who dismissed the science. The judge basically said the science is broadly correct but there are 9 assumptions that the science was wrong or over stated. i wont list them here but this is a perfect example where the sceptics use confusion tactics to dismiss the science. The list of 9 things are now (i think all of them) have been proven to be real and factually accurate.

Whether you agree with the film or not science has indeed moved on to state that the unprecedented rate of Climate Change is man made made and our inability to address this will be the stupidest mistake mankind has ever made.

Secondly those who brought the case stated that the film was alarmist and overstated, which was supported by the judge.
    We now have 12 years to make change before mankind has an real existential threat.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Number 4 is a good one.
    Ive been out side today, and at one moment, there was 9 airliners overhead.
    Now I wonder how many are up there?
    Got my telescope out, and not one were using engines powered by windmills or solar panels.
    John 2. calculate how many tons of oxygen does 747 burn times how many flying at one moment times 365 day a year.
    I don't think my pension provider will stop that. or cutting down on a Bacon butty.
    OK, so I was basically right, you think you're being smart by trying to be provocative, but I suspect this is really so you feel more comfortable expressing your sincere position that... there's too much needs doing and too many others not doing enough so why bother?

Your grand kids do deserve better than that. Don't worry about what I do or don't do for the environment, try and persuade me to be better by all means, but beyond that you have no control over other people's actions, only your own. Why will you only act if your pension provider does too, are you a sheep?

If you must know I've been a vegetarian for 10 of the last 11 years, never thought I would be but it's actually easy once you give it a proper go and you don't miss meat. I also always try to recycle, minimise my energy consumption (though that's because I'm tight as much as anything) and have used a bicycle as my primary mode of transportation for the last 5 years. That said I also have a campervan and like to travel, I'll be flying 4,500 miles on Monday. While I could certainly do more, I'm not a hypocrite... I'm not arguing everyone needs to do everything, just that we all need to make adjustments and pick our priorities.

I even tried an insect pizza the other week (mealworm) and if they come to the supermarkets would gladly use insects as a more sustainable food source. Tasted nutty, quite pleasant.
    Last edited by John2; 11-10-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zouch View Post

Someone should take Michael Moore to court for all the lies in his films.

That's the problem with these agit-prop films, the message is more important than the truth.

So what would need to happen before you believed that it could be true? And does it not concern you your final realisation of that truth might mean it has dawned on you too late?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Someone should take Michael Moore to court for all the lies in his films.

That's the problem with these agit-prop films, the message is more important than the truth.

Which lies are you referring to specifically?

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast