+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Frack me

I know that this will rile a few on here but that is a statue you shouldn't remove.

Go gentle on me kerr...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We can both split Karl Marx in Highgate cemetery roly when our time comes !!

:-) :-)
    I heard that Marx's grave in Highgate is just another communist plot Animal
    In response to Roly's comment I made the same point a year or two back re Bevans statue in Cardiff & was actually surprised that no statue exists in London [well I don't think so] where it should [I bet we will see one to Thatcher eventually though]
    It might be an interesting to see how many of our "famous" statues have been erected by Tory administrations compared to Labour
    Just a thought

I think there is one of Thatcher somewhere exile . Didn't some demonstrators once put some paint on it. I may be wrong.

Yep a quick search of Google reveals this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tatue-blocked/

Another one to come down methinks. I don't half live dangerously me!

Oh hang on I've misread it it was never put up. Phew!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 16-10-2018 at 09:06 AM.

There is no difference between Afua Hirsch and the rent-a-mob of student activists now prowling universities for any hint of past bad behaviour (bad by their lights of course) and the Muslim extremists blowing up ancient monuments. Is Abraham Lincoln safe?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Just seen this article kerr. At first I thought your drive towards being veggies looks a good thing but... http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2016...ent-vegetarian
    The article lists the many benefits that would flow from a drastic reduction in meat consumption. I'm sure you noticed that you could actually go some way to offsetting the environmental cost of your two cars if you cut down on your consumption.

Of course there is a cost when there are significant changes to an economy. Those engaged in UK coal mining have paid it in the last thirty years or so, canal workers paid it when rail and later road took over and so on. I'm sure that fletchers were hit when muskets came along...

My facist suggestion yesterday was for two meat free days per week. Surely that's a decent start.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I know that this will rile a few on here but that is a statue you shouldn't remove.

Go gentle on me kerr...
    I don't think Marx could have forseen the harm and misery that would flow and are still flowing from his writings. You'd like to think he would have tried straight fiction if he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I heard that Marx's grave in Highgate is just another communist plot Animal
    In response to Roly's comment I made the same point a year or two back re Bevans statue in Cardiff & was actually surprised that no statue exists in London [well I don't think so] where it should [I bet we will see one to Thatcher eventually though]
    It might be an interesting to see how many of our "famous" statues have been erected by Tory administrations compared to Labour
    Just a thought
    There haven't been many Labour administrations, so the number will be significantly fewer. I think quite a few Labour councils have celebrated Nelson Mandela in one way or another though

Which government would be brave enough to limit one car per household for instance ?

The car industry and associated companies would go in to meltdown with the loss of jobs impacting massively .

What about meat rationing as in war time ? , yet again job losses in the associated industries would be a catastrophe .

The world's not set up to bring in the necessary change science says is needed .

For every person who limits their lifestyles perhaps 15 won't bother so that won't work either .

Let's face it , the planet is screwed and I don't see how anything can be done to save it .

You could ask which government would seize 10% of all decent sized public companies without compensation, but that appears to be what Labour are proposing.

Then again, if you think the world is fuqed already, why are you so bothered with politics? Surely you should be partying and consuming like a mad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I don't think Marx could have forseen the harm and misery that would flow and are still flowing from his writings. You'd like to think he would have tried straight fiction if he had.
    It's cultural Marxism/ Critical Theory/ Political Correctness that's doing the real damage.

It's a virus that was unleashed by the Soviets and seems unstoppable, hollowing out institutions and destroying society, family, religion, every loyalty that people have that's not to the state.

Marx thought that the proletariat would rise up and take over. The cultural Marxists said that this didn't happen because existing institutions were too strong and well-established and needed to be destroyed first. They also believed that a coalition of aggrieved minorities would be the ones to lead the revolution not the working classes.

That's what we see now, hollowed out institutions and ever-increasing grievance politics.
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast