+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Frack me

O/T Frack me

The snow flakes don't want fracking . Wind turbines. Nuclear. Fossil fuels.
    Just where do they want their leccy from?

The thick folks want fracking, where do they think the by products are going to go???

Prisoners, asylum seekers and the unemployed on treadmills driving turbines may be a part solution?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Prisoners, asylum seekers and the unemployed on treadmills driving turbines may be a part solution?
    Punkah wallahs!!

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Punkah wallahs!!
    Exactly. It is also not widely appreciated that global warming could assist the emergence of a northern European empire based (like Cnut's) on Britain and Scandinavia.

I think they do want wind turbines, even though they're ugly and chop a lot of birds up.

Meanwhile China is building new coal-fired power stations so it's pretty pointless.
    Last edited by great_fire; 06-10-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Wind turbines sited correctly and managed properly don't have a major effect on birdlife, particularly offshore farms, the majority of birds can actually see things you know!!

https://www.carbonbrief.org/bird-dea...t-the-evidence

They're proposing a wind farm in our village. Just 6 turbines but 6 too many for me. France is 4 times the size of Britain with masses of land unhabbited.
    I will be voting against it at the time but the other 14 councillors just see it as a cash cow so like the 700k investment in a village hall with a capacity of 250 people when there are only 600 year round habitants I'll be on the losing side of this vote as well.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Wind turbines sited correctly and managed properly don't have a major effect on birdlife, particularly offshore farms, the majority of birds can actually see things you know!!

https://www.carbonbrief.org/bird-dea...t-the-evidence
    They are ugly though.

Prince Charles would be calling them carbuncles if he wasn't an eco-nut, the big-eared old hypocrite.

Odd how folk seem okay with pylons though...

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast