+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumours regarding training . . .

Rumours regarding training . . .

Just wondered if anyone has ever been in a senior/full-time club situation with several training sessions every week.

I'm not saying we take the stuff in the papers as gospel but we have had Scott McDonald and now Paul Quinn citing Csaba's training methods as a huge contributory factor in our abject form this season and last.

My question: is one week of different training approach likely to have an effect on performance? Is one week long enough to "cleanse" the team of the nonsense they were exposed to previously?

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Just wondered if anyone has ever been in a senior/full-time club situation with several training sessions every week.

I'm not saying we take the stuff in the papers as gospel but we have had Scott McDonald and now Paul Quinn citing Csaba's training methods as a huge contributory factor in our abject form this season and last.

My question: is one week of different training approach likely to have an effect on performance? Is one week long enough to "cleanse" the team of the nonsense they were exposed to previously?
    Fair point but i am sure a change will help.

Ranieri at Leicester when they won title had them train about 3 times a week. Matches and 2 days rest.

He reasoned training in UK was intense and focus had to be on the matches

Csaba rightly didn't want to give McDonald an extra day off none of the other players were getting. He (McDonald) can fk right off in my book. And Quinn, FFS I really don't need to go there do I?

However, getting back to your point. I don't know but it seems possible for Ellis to lift the mood at training. Who knows, we'll see soon I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Csaba rightly didn't want to give McDonald an extra day off none of the other players were getting. He (McDonald) can fk right off in my book. And Quinn, FFS I really don't need to go there do I?

However, getting back to your point. I don't know but it seems possible for Ellis to lift the mood at training. Who knows, we'll see soon I guess.
    No doubt about it Quinn was pi5h and Mcdonald was average but we can't ignore the fact that they've both been about a bit and have experienced many different types of training methods. It would be folly to ignore their opinions on this no matter how 5hite or not so 5hite they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    No doubt about it Quinn was pi5h and Mcdonald was average but we can't ignore the fact that they've both been about a bit and have experienced many different types of training methods. It would be folly to ignore their opinions on this no matter how 5hite or not so 5hite they were.
    Comments that reportedly came from Keatings about training cannot be ignored either.

mixu kent

what the ****s the point in training?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Comments that reportedly came from Keatings about training cannot be ignored either.
    I have a son that suffered from depression so I can empathise with Keatings. But I went and read the interview and he says he was knackered before training after a two hour drive from Edinburgh to St Andrews. What was he driving - a f ucking tractor? I've done that drive a thousand times and no way is it two hours.

FN modern day footballers, training a few hours everyday then a game on saturday and they're tired..., aww diddums.

Wot about the part-timers working all day, training a couple of times a week then giving 100% on a Saturday and would no doubt give an arm and a leg to be in a position the so called professionals are in.

Hope Robbie kicks their arses....

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I have a son that suffered from depression so I can empathise with Keatings. But I went and read the interview and he says he was knackered before training after a two hour drive from Edinburgh to St Andrews. What was he driving - a f ucking tractor? I've done that drive a thousand times and no way is it two hours.

Stoke he lives in Wishaw near Motherwell I think. To get to St Andrews from there for a 9/930 start will be a hoor of a drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    Stoke he lives in Wishaw near Motherwell I think. To get to St Andrews from there for a 9/930 start will be a hoor of a drive.
    Hi Jello, the interview said Edinburgh - St Andrews, Maybe the reporter got it wrong.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45761661

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)