+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T one for rothbiz ot grumps...

O/T one for rothbiz ot grumps...

Yeah i know its way over budget the train tram as it is but why is there no stop outside NYS? The line runs straight past the stadium ffs.I would have thought it would be handy to get Rawmarsh and P Gate millers to NYS from the pgate stop as well as other outlying millers fans and I also think it would be useful getting away fans away to sheffield station. Or is this just too logical a thought.

Due to start running soon apparently. i suppose some might argue rotherham dee dar supporting footy supporters might use it to get to dee dar land.

Anyone know if more stops are planned?
    Last edited by frogmiller; 06-10-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Yeah, it's a good shout about NYS, but maybe too near to Rotherham Central, and after all it is a train line not just for the Tram.

It's already the costliest project, that no one needed, after the over expensive link road from Meadowhell to Sheff Rd.

Proximity to Rotherham Central Roly mate.

The powers that be closed Galgate railway station on the main line between Lancaster and Preston the same year that work began on the Lancaster University campus just up the road. There have been calls to open a station serving the uni ever since but shelved for cost reasons.

It looks unlikely.

Network rail don't like people having more access to their tracks and a new stop would need a new bridge and new barriers. It's not like a tram stop where you can literally walk over the tracks to the other side.

The stop at parkgate is a spur that just uses one side.

There's been talk of a stop at magna and a park and ride but there's no money for it at the minute

It's actually only a two-year pilot.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/supertram/tram-train

Saw one running at the game on Wednesday, start taking passengers on 25 October.
    Last edited by great_fire; 06-10-2018 at 12:24 PM.

I think the government would be mad to spend £100m and not have it in use after 2 years but you never know.