+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Match Thread vs Macclesfield 6.10.18

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't think it is out of the question, 12 points behind with 34 to go (over 100 points still to play for) and the top 3 to play at home. However, I do think it is highly unlikely, but one never knows.

It's a funny old game!
    I think we're on an upward trajectory and will continue that way, only problem with top 3 is that teams like Lincoln, Exeter and MK Dons won't drop many points, but no reason why we can't claw back points against the 4th to 10th placed teams and be in with a very good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    1-0 following superb chasing from Enzio who initially fired the ball down the wing for Ever-Ready-Steady to chase, he said "no thanks" so Enzio took off after it instead, panic ensued between the keeper and full-back, Enzio pinched the ball and was fouled, PENNO, Stead bangs it home.

Strange game overall, Kewell obviously looked at the height of the SilkMen and decided to play Bris in midfield just in front of Hulk and Ward, but as the game wore on he realised that the oppo were useless (basically a glorified basketball team) and Brisley had just received a yellow after his third dreadful challenge....on came Husin which meant we could push Hemmings alongside the tiring Stead (this guy needs a drug test, whatever they discover, I need some!)....Thomas came on for the excellent Aless and tried the cheekiest lob ever over the keeper from a yard outside the box.

The Hulk and Ward were faultless at the back, Fitz made a blinding finger-tip save on 94 minutes (my heart was in my mouth as their striker blasted the ball goal-wards from 6 yards out).....Evita played his normal cool game at left back and Toots is gradually getting back to last season's form on the other side.

Overall a gutsy away performance against the worst team I've seen for ages, cleverly master-minded by Kewell who decided to "go for it" after 75 minutes....my MOM is a toss-up between Stead and Enzio up front, or Fitz and the Hulk at the back....I'm feeling generous, all 4 can share it....onwards and upwards, only 8 points off the play-offs?.....COYP
    Thanks for that Tarqs. A fan's objective view of the game comes over very well and this shows a fan can be opinionated without needlessly being even-handed. Say it like you see it Tarquin.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    We would need about 80 points in the next 34 games, that's slightly better form than we've shown in the last 5 games.
    Another 73 would have done it in the last 3 seasons (72 last season).

I don't think we will do it, but I wouldn't say it's out of the question.

I think we need to get to that 50 points then see where we can go from there.

I don't think it is out of the question, 12 points behind with 34 to go (over 100 points still to play for) and the top 3 to play at home. However, I do think it is highly unlikely, but one never knows.

It's a funny old game!
    I admire your optimism and 12 points is a massive gap to claw back. We all know we were that many points behind Rochdale in the Munto season of 2009/10 and as you say it’s highly unlikely. If you want automatic you can afford to lose no more than about ten games. So a maximum of four defeats in 34 matches?? Very Very big ask.

We can aim for the playoffs and why not? All I’m aluding to in my earlier post was at the moment we are 3 points clear of the relegation places and 8 points away from the playoffs. Therefore at the moment our priority should be to get clear of those places and get in and amongst everyone else to give ourselves a chance of making this season intresting for the right reasons (a relegation battle is interesting for the wrong reasons)

The first job of any side is to get to 50 points. We have another 38 points to go. Then let’s see where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I admire your optimism and 12 points is a massive gap to claw back. We all know we were that many points behind Rochdale in the Munto season of 2009/10 and as you say it’s highly unlikely. If you want automatic you can afford to lose no more than about ten games. So a maximum of four defeats in 34 matches?? Very Very big ask.

We can aim for the playoffs and why not? All I’m aluding to in my earlier post was at the moment we are 3 points clear of the relegation places and 8 points away from the playoffs. Therefore at the moment our priority should be to get clear of those places and get in and amongst everyone else to give ourselves a chance of making this season intresting for the right reasons (a relegation battle is interesting for the wrong reasons)

The first job of any side is to get to 50 points. We have another 38 points to go. Then let’s see where we are.
    Isn't that what I said in my post immediately before yours?

I may be optimistic, but 12 points to make up when 102 are available isn't 'out of the question' which means impossible.

Beat the top three at home and it's down to 9!

Isn't that what I said in my post immediately before yours?

I may be optimistic, but 12 points to make up when 102 are available isn't 'out of the question' which means impossible.

Beat the top three at home and it's down to 9!
    Agree with this... the confidence running through the players must be sky high after that amazing week, Bury and Mcdonalds away in the next 2 games will be very tough, the 2 week break (other than the tin pot cup midweek) will help rest players like Stead, Thurley and Evina who have been colossal for us in the last 3 games. HK can mix it up on Tuesday, give the fringe players a run against Newcastle and lets see what they can do.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678