+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Macclesfield 6.10.18

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The best result 1-0 win and a clean sheet. A great little run of form we have built up in the past five games. Credit must go to HK, the coaching staff and the players.

A shame we have not got a game next week but at least it gives us a chance to take stock and look at things from a fresh and more optimistic perspective going forwards.
    Another tactical masterclass from HK?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Poor match. Good result. Great week.

Sums it up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Yes, it's a gaol
    Pelanty is a Chris Waddle thing. You need to keep up with your references Sid.

As for the match, looking back in history, no-one will care whether we were lucky when we won 1-0 at Macclesfield. You grind out results at places like that so you never have to go there again.

Bury equalising late vs the Slags, only 4 points behind them now as well!!

[QUOTE=Bohinen;39032839]Pelanty is a Chris Waddle thing. You need to keep up with your references Sid.

And this is relevant to my little burst of wit how?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Excellent. I hope we can hold on because three wins and two draws in the last five games would be promotion form and some turn around.

I still think it’s far too early to be talking about how far we are from the playoffs. We need to worry about how far we are from the relegation places first. Once we are closer to the playoffs than relegation let’s speculate then.
    I think automatic is out the question but no reason at all why we shouldn't be aiming for the playoffs in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    First half devoid of chances....Hemmings on 44 minutes heads straight at their keeper, Fitz got down well to his right to keep out a Macc chance....that's it!

Notts playing a 4-2-3-1 set-up with Brisley in midfield!!, a midfielder he isn't judging by his tackling (he's really there to help out the defence, Macc have some serious height in their team).......we're playing the long-ball up to the lone Stead, with Enzio and Hemmings overlapping on the wings.....Enzio has had one decent run in from the right-wing, Aless is buzzing around outside their box trying to feed the ball into the gaps and so far it isn't working....sorry

Turley and Ward are clearing everything at the back, no mistakes, wack it into touch.....having backed 4 goals pre-match, this has 0-0 written all over it!"!"
    1-0 following superb chasing from Enzio who initially fired the ball down the wing for Ever-Ready-Steady to chase, he said "no thanks" so Enzio took off after it instead, panic ensued between the keeper and full-back, Enzio pinched the ball and was fouled, PENNO, Stead bangs it home.

Strange game overall, Kewell obviously looked at the height of the SilkMen and decided to play Bris in midfield just in front of Hulk and Ward, but as the game wore on he realised that the oppo were useless (basically a glorified basketball team) and Brisley had just received a yellow after his third dreadful challenge....on came Husin which meant we could push Hemmings alongside the tiring Stead (this guy needs a drug test, whatever they discover, I need some!)....Thomas came on for the excellent Aless and tried the cheekiest lob ever over the keeper from a yard outside the box.

The Hulk and Ward were faultless at the back, Fitz made a blinding finger-tip save on 94 minutes (my heart was in my mouth as their striker blasted the ball goal-wards from 6 yards out).....Evita played his normal cool game at left back and Toots is gradually getting back to last season's form on the other side.

Overall a gutsy away performance against the worst team I've seen for ages, cleverly master-minded by Kewell who decided to "go for it" after 75 minutes....my MOM is a toss-up between Stead and Enzio up front, or Fitz and the Hulk at the back....I'm feeling generous, all 4 can share it....onwards and upwards, only 8 points off the play-offs?.....COYP

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think automatic is out the question but no reason at all why we shouldn't be aiming for the playoffs in my view.
    I don't think it is out of the question, 12 points behind with 34 to go (over 100 points still to play for) and the top 3 to play at home. However, I do think it is highly unlikely, but one never knows.

It's a funny old game!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I don't think it is out of the question, 12 points behind with 34 to go (over 100 points still to play for) and the top 3 to play at home. However, I do think it is highly unlikely, but one never knows.

It's a funny old game!
    We would need about 80 points in the next 34 games, that's slightly better form than we've shown in the last 5 games.

I would give the MOM to Ward, who was rock solid at the back. Turley (called Turkey in the programme, if I heard right) was also excellent.

Poor match with few chances, but we improved in the second half and won ugly. Brilliant. We’ve had a decent run of fixtures and some bigger challenges lie ahead, but we’ve stopped being so easy to play through and have some guts back in the team now.

Now let’s see what some of the fringe players can do against Newcastle. Such a shame that Davies is cup-tied. Is Bird available?

Special word of credit to Fitz, whose handling was excellent throughout and whose superb save at the death got us the 3 points.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast