+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A long two weeks ahead...

A long two weeks ahead...

Rarely has a team needed an international break as much as us. That was dreadful stuff (again) and we were very lucky to get a point. Circumstances shouldn't really come into it but with other results going as they did, that was a massive chance missed today.

Robinson has a hell of a lot of work to do before we're next on the park but I can't be the only one beginning to seriously doubt if he's up to it. Three matches to go before the crowds start gathering pitchforks.

Livi were brutal to watch but they were a near identical replica of us from last season...the change in their from mid-August, when they were utterly awful. says a lot about Miller, Holt or both as managers. If they play like that all season not only will they not get relegated, they will be much closer to the top six than danger.
    Last edited by Handsome_Devil; 06-10-2018 at 04:18 PM.

That was easily one of the worst football matches I have ever seen and I have seen some dross in my time.

The only positives to take from that is that we didn't lose and in fairness I thought we actually defended well today, but we have absolutely nothing about us in terms of playing football, we just lump it aimlessly and today it got us nothing.

That was a must win game today yet we were lucky to escape with a point. At home against Livingston, that is just unacceptable and Robinson's position will be called more and more into question if that's the dire date we are serving up and failing to win.

Just not good enough at all.

We don’t look capable of playing the game on the deck,it’s just hoof it as high and as long as we can in the direction we are facing. We took about 25 throw ins today where our only answer was to try and launch the ball 20-30 feet down the touch line we never won one of those balls in the air which were returned by Livingston and put us under pressure 9 times out of 10. Young Campbell looks dead on his feet and needs a rest. Combinations of Main,Bowman,Johnson or Sammon are not working and maybe time before it’s too late to give one of the youngsters a chance. We look totally devoid of ideas and energy and are a team who are totally lacking confidence. The
    long diagonal ball no longer works,as even if we win the first ball we have no chance of winning the second ball. Robinson has to start b
    being a manager and forget the “old pals” act with some players, and get some energy and drive back into the players.We also need to be playing further up the pitch. IMO it’s going to be a long hard season and at the moment I would gladly settle for tenth in the league

We have no pace in that team and absolutely no outball when defending. Every single time Livingston had a corner, set piece or throw-in in the final third today we had every single man back behind the ball and actually looked like the away side! It is simply not acceptable to be scraping draws at home against such meagre opposition as that but that is what happened today.

The worst bit of it all is that you just don't see where or how it can get any better. There is nothing in that team to suggest it will and the manager seems content to persist with this 'style'. Well all that is going to achieve is very little points picked up, very little goals scored and zero entertainment for the support. All of which will lead to empty stands...and very possibly relegation.

Can't argue with any of that.

We need - whether it is under Robbo or someone else - a complete reset.

Ditching 3-5-2 would be a start - it served a purpose but is clearly no longer working.

I tried to think of what my preferred team would be but gave up, we have massive problems all over the place.

It wouldn't solve all the problems we currently have but in my opinion Johnson should start ahead of Main every single week. I don't think it'll catch on though sadly.

Meh...in my wee Facebook chat of mates discussing the game, someone just said we have four fourth choice strikers, I find it hard to be eager for any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Meh...in my wee Facebook chat of mates discussing the game, someone just said we have four fourth choice strikers, I find it hard to be eager for any of them.
    That was awful today. Some of our misplaced passes were barely believable! Livi are on a roll and we were grim, but it was only via an outstanding free kick that they scored. Neither of the keepers was overly troubled.
    From somewhere or other we need to get a playmaker; somebody, perhaps, whose very best days have gone, but who can still direct operations from the middle of the park. I take the point about the strikers, but they need better ammunition. We'll only score once in a blue moon from flick - ons, and our corners hardly threaten.
    Is there a midfield general out there who's looking for an army to lead, starting in January?

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    That was a must win game today yet we were lucky to escape with a point. At home against Livingston, that is just unacceptable and Robinson's position will be called more and more into question if that's the dire date we are serving up and failing to win.

Just not good enough at all.
    Can't argue with that. One things for sure more hard work and more of the same just won't do. If some fringe players can't get a game then they really must be very poor indeed. Our summer signing spree now looks very poor indeed.

We signed players for the bench in the summer. That is just utterly ridiculous and we are now paying the price for it.

The happy clappers love to remind us all that we can't compete with the city clubs so we should expect any better....well let's take those clubs out of the equation and look at two of our 'peers' and their summer deals.

Kilmarnock are able to land Greg Stewart and St.Johnstone pick up Tony Watt....while we bring in Connor Sammon. That says it all for me. Surely either of those two players would have been a better option for us and not out of our wage structure?

We may or may not be relegated this season but I can guarantee that our already poor crowds will plummet unless things change drastically. We can't realistically expect the pay at the gate punters to shell out up to £25 every other week just to get in to watch the dross that we served up yesterday, especially as we head into the winter months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)