+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

It's not just today's result, the writing was all but on the wall before a competitive ball was kicked this season. No investment = no quality = no strength in depth =... Consequently, when injuries and suspensions start to bite, the slide into the bottom three is close to inevitable.
    Of course, investment in the team wouldn't guaranteed safety - but at least it would give us a fighting chance.
    Warne has done remarkably well but he's rolling that huge boulder up the hill each and every week. And full marks to all the management staff and players, clearly they're giving their all but sustaining a high level of performance each and every game, if only relatively, is an impossibility for any club let alone one with a threadbare squad devoid of Championship skills.
    My fear is a repeat of 2016/17, not points-wise but in terms of TS effectively surrendering our status prematurely and seeing little point in throwing money at a failing concern. But that's his decision to make. I confess, I can't understand why he wouldn't want to try and protect our elevated status, especially after what he's said in the past, but again none of us know all the facts - and especially the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Just home from Brum. We are so close to being a championship mid table team. I agree with Monty. TS will make the difference here. A couple of million for Warnie in the transfer window and we will stay up.

I am a big fan of Rodak but he was at fault for their first two goals. Brum didn't impress me at all.

A big plus for me....Ben wiles. What a prospect this lad looks.

We really aren't too far away.
    I been saying about ts since we got to Wembley but all you get in return is poor man talk about buckets and it's easy to spend someone else's cash.

if I bought a porche would I expect to pay for fuel and upkeep.

if you but a football club so you expect to spend money on transfer and the running of the club.

We would have given a better account of ourselves today if the likes of Wood, Towel, Smith and Proctor weren't injured. Would it have been enough ? Who knows.

Brum haven't lost at home since March, have only lost twice this season and won at Leeds. Clearly they are very effective at what they do and on today's performance completely impose themselves on the opposition. We,RE not the only ones who they have got the better of.

It just amazes me how opinion seems to swing between ....we,ll be fine .....to what's the point in just one match.

Just out of interest, which of our central defenders was marking Jutkiewicz today?

You all talk about how TS should be investing in quality players in January, but how much would it take 2, 4, 6 million plus the wages these type of players command. None of us on here know how much TS is worth or how much he has to waste.

His time in charge on the whole has been pretty much successful, at the end of the day we are a small club punching well above our weight and could quite easily be in the position of clubs like Stockport, Chesterfield, Orient, Tranmere, Wrexham etc.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I been saying about ts since we got to Wembley but all you get in return is poor man talk about buckets and it's easy to spend someone else's cash.

if I bought a porche would I expect to pay for fuel and upkeep.

if you but a football club so you expect to spend money on transfer and the running of the club.
    Boothy , it aint the transfer fees that makes it difficult to atract the plug in and play championship talent , it's the wages they command .

You start paying players 15k a week over a 3 year contract and drop down in to league one you are financially dead in the water , it's unsustainable mate .

See how you'd go one keeping your Porsche when your income decreases by two thirds .

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just out of interest, which of our central defenders was marking Jutkiewicz today?
    Nobody if he scored 3!

Mellow

CB,s weren't at fault
    The first goal was the fault of Billy Jones as he'd left Juke unmarked on the edge of the 6 us box from a corner. Rodak flapped at it at let in a soft goal top corner.
    Second was Rodak failing to hold a shot and spilled it. juke tapped in easy rebound.

Third was a shot from distance during well worked free kick

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Mellow

CB,s weren't at fault
    The first goal was the fault of Billy Jones as he'd left Juke unmarked on the edge of the 6 us box from a corner. Rodak flapped at it at let in a soft goal top corner.
    Second was Rodak failing to hold a shot and spilled it. juke tapped in easy rebound.

Third was a shot from distance during well worked free kick
    Thanks Flour. I've seen the goals but the reason I asked was because I thought it was strange that Warne kept Vaulks at centre half when Vyner was on the bench (and he's a central defender by trade).
    Fair enough if the central defenders weren't directly responsible for the goals but surely one of them should have been picking Jutkiewicz up in the first place.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Boothy , it aint the transfer fees that makes it difficult to atract the plug in and play championship talent , it's the wages they command .

You start paying players 15k a week over a 3 year contract and drop down in to league one you are financially dead in the water , it's unsustainable mate .

See how you'd go one keeping your Porsche when your income decreases by two thirds .
    Well put Animal plus the fact once you've bought your Porche it does what you ask it and if your income drops by two thirds you can park it in the garage cancel the insurance, tax etc until you can sell it.

It just don't work like that with an expensive overpaid footballer

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast