+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

3 games in 7 days along with our injury woes certainly proved to be a bridge too far but yet again we put up a good fighting display. A fortnight now to rest some legs and overwork the magic sponge. The picture would have certainly looked rosier if we'd picked up those extra 4 points earlier in the week. I know it doesn't help us but well done to PH in getting his first win at Ipswich.

Thoughts on today's display?

I didn't go. But sometimes distance allows you to see the wood for the trees. We have been here before and I thought then it was all a bridge too far. It may well be still. But this team and this manager are close to being competitive in this division. Investment isn't everything but over time and in the generality of things investment in the team results in improved performance. If we go down this season (and I'm pretty certain we will) I won't care for anyone else's opinion. In my view the blame will lie entirely with TS. He has shown (to me at least) that he is unable or unwilling to make the investment to be competitive in the Championship. It's tragic because we are close and the ship will sink for lack of a ha'p'orth of tar.

Let's be honest. It's fair to say no one expected us to win today.....did they?

Woods, Towell, Proctor all out injured and Vassell majority of the game missing. Smith not 100%. An unbalanced side with players in positions they're not fond of or use to.

We have a rest now and hopefully it all assists our missing players to get some extra training in. Here's to us having a fully fit team for our next game. The rest of the pack around us all won today so we simply have to turn it back on with great home form to drive us forward.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks.

Stats imply we were competitive but will be interesting to hear what is said by those who went.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I didn't go. But sometimes distance allows you to see the wood for the trees. We have been here before and I thought then it was all a bridge too far. It may well be still. But this team and this manager are close to being competitive in this division. Investment isn't everything but over time and in the generality of things investment in the team results in improved performance. If we go down this season (and I'm pretty certain we will) I won't care for anyone else's opinion. In my view the blame will lie entirely with TS. He has shown (to me at least) that he is unable or unwilling to make the investment to be competitive in the Championship. It's tragic because we are close and the ship will sink for lack of a ha'p'orth of tar.
    Monty, TS's colours will be truly shown come January what his intentions are. It is so hard to get back into the Championship, simply ask Sheff Utd fans and Chris Wilder and I cannot see TS wanting to let that slip.

Warne has astronomically turned around an ailing team and stamped his own ethos on what he believes will work. Does Tony Stewart honestly want to throw all this away after so much hard work by all the management staff on what has to be the most threadbare cheapest side in the league.

Warne needs investment and not with another snivelling derisory freebie player but, someone who is worth their signing on fee and can deliver. We simply cannot sustain retention within this league without strong investment come January.

We have collapsed with injuries and have nothing, nothing to support us going forward. Unless we go on a blistering retention of points, I cannot see come January anyone wanting to join a sinking ship.

So much hard work, so much pain and so much resentment at the moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Monty, TS's colours will be truly shown come January what his intentions are. It is so hard to get back into the Championship, simply ask Sheff Utd fans and Chris Wilder and I cannot see TS wanting to let that slip.

Warne has astronomically turned around an ailing team and stamped his own ethos on what he believes will work. Does Tony Stewart honestly want to throw all this away after so much hard work by all the management staff on what has to be the most threadbare cheapest side in the league.

Warne needs investment and not with another snivelling derisory freebie player but, someone who is worth their signing on fee and can deliver. We simply cannot sustain retention within this league without strong investment come January.

We have collapsed with injuries and have nothing, nothing to support us going forward. Unless we go on a blistering retention of points, I cannot see come January anyone wanting to join a sinking ship.

So much hard work, so much pain and so much resentment at the moment for me.

We have a great bunch of lads and management team. We can be competitive IF we have a fully fit first team giving their all, all of the time. However, that's simply impossible over the course of a whole season as injuries and fatigue take their toll. That lack of strength in depth is our undoing. We are financially sustainable, but not able to sustain a competitive edge over a whole season methinks. Perhaps we should just enjoy the good bits of this and accept whatever the season end brings?

This hurts because in our hearts we know what the inevitable will be.We have been here before & we know what it takes BUT if we are going to carry on like this I am getting to the point of thinking why bother getting promoted & not investing, just to keep on suffering in the Championship.And I agree with Brins last post unfortunately.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 06-10-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Just reading the stats on the train back.
    Very misleading and we were certainly not competitive.
    Lots of passes but Too many passes going astray and not finding a man.
    Easiest match brum will have all season. No pressure put on them in key areas.

I'll give them the excuse of the injury list today. We were miles off the standard of the last two games

One positive is that we weren't overrun though.
    We were masters of our own downfall rather than Brum being a class act.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 06-10-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Just reading the stats on the train back.
    Very misleading and we were certainly not competitive.
    Lots of passes but Too many passes going astray and not finding a man.
    Easiest match brum will have all season. No pressure put on them in key areas.

I'll give them the excuse of the injury list today. We were miles off the standard of the last two games
    I haven't been (I can't see the point in going to away games) but I have said on several occasions that we should press the opposition to prevent them from playing the "real Madrid" passes. We should be able to do this as we are as fit as anyone in the league apparently. When we do this we do well. Looking at your post it doesn't sound like we have!!!!!

We can't simply blame the current injury list for our dreadful away record in this division. The problems run much deeper than that.
    I know, and appreciate, that Tony Stewart puts money into the club but the reality is we have not seen any genuine investment in the playing squad. Not a penny was spent on transfer fees in the August window.
    Consequently we have a bunch of genuine, whole hearted players who give their all in every game but that's simply not enough to compete over a full season in this division and even our home results are starting to suffer a bit now.
    I don't know what Tony Stewart's ambitions are for the club. Maybe we'll get a better idea in January, I just hope it's not too late by then.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast