Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
Wingers yet again ineffective just as they were on Wednesday. Too little end product and influence on games as a collective.

I said a few weeks back that in the opening series of games we needed to maximise our points total based on the opposition. So far we've played 8 of the bottom 9 and have been less than convincing in a lot of those games.

Brentford was possibly the only games this season where it all came together to the point where chances were converted.

Losses at Rotherham, Millwall and Bolton are probably a better marker of what to expect currently.

We are work in progress and I'm certainly not wanting another change in management but I'd be surprised if we are troubling the play off places come May.

The a shining lights for me have been Mount, Tomori and Bogle, the youngest 3 in the side. They are all still learning but show bags of promise and international careers beckon.

I'm pleased Marriott got his start and glad he notched too. He's shown more than Waghorn who's first touch looks awful.

In terms of the other sides Stoke are finding some form, WBA look very strong and as much as it kills me to say it the lads down the road look a well drilled unit (17/4 to win at Boro). They are dropping points but not losing and in my opinion have looked one of the better sides.

A handful of points covers around fif**** teams though I'm fearful of Oct & Nov but would love to be proved wrong.
We're tough to beat as 7 draws suggest. Karanka's sides usually are. But hard to say one way or the other if we're as good as you suggest. But our record signing whom some of you have mocked as a nobody is displaying some real passing ability and Grabban is doing what he does best, so no complaints from me. The truth will come out in a month after this set of really tough fixtures after the break. Norwich, Leeds and the Blades amongst others.