+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QPR Report

QPR Report

Least enjoyable game of the season for me. A draw was the most we deserved. Not seen the stats but neither side took the game by the scruff of the neck. Of the times QPR got into their attacking third, they were always looking to shoot and Wells was unlucky with a 20 yarder that beat Carson but hit the bar.

QPR started the brighter, we then had a spell and it was swinging one way and then the other. Good Rams goal on 24 minutes. A through ball saw Bryson move and take 2 QPR defenders away from the ball and it fell to Marriott who smashed itinto the bottom right hand corner. Not much in an attacking semse after that and we scraped into half time a goal up.

2nd half they again started the brighter side and soon got a free kick 25 yards out. Carson was able to palm the shot away but not to safety. It was put back in and Cameron slotted home his first goal for 4 years. Much ado about nothing after that and although we looked sharper for the last 15, sparked off by a Rangel foul on Wilson which should have led to his 2nd yellow of the game but in the end 1-1 was probably as much as either side deserved.

It might have been so much different if the ref had done what he should have. Why do we keep getting damned idiots? Rangel and Lawrence booked for an altercation, off the ball, so we didn't see what it was on RamsTV. Wells put his studs into BJs calf and didn't get booked. I am not convinced the free kick that led to their equaliser should have been given. Rangel should have gone for his foul on Wilson. Tomori got a smack in the face going for a header late on. A flailing arm in the face is, according to the Laws, a penalty inside the box. Yet again the referee has had far too much influence on the game.

Carson - 6 decent game, shame he couldn't push that free kick out rather than away
    Bogle - 5 his worst game for Derby both defensively and attacking
    Keogh - 7 solid prformance
    Tomori - 7 Solid performance
    Forsyth - 7 Much better in defence than Malone, slightly less effective going forward. Still the better choice of the 2
    Bryson - 7 Less influential than previous games but still everywhere
    Johnson - 7 A great presence at DM
    Mount - 7 Decent performance
    Jozefzoon - 5 replaced Bennett. Poor in attack and not doing much defensively either. Bennett back next game.
    Marriott - 8 Replicated Nuge's workrate and took his goal superbly
    Lawrence - 6 slightly better than Jozefzoon but Wilson back next game

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Least enjoyable game of the season for me. A draw was the most we deserved. Not seen the stats but mA neither side took the game by the scruff of the neck. Of the times QPR got into their attacking third, they were always looking to shoot and Wells was unlucky with a 20 yarder that beat Carson but hit the bar.

QPR started the brighter, we then had a spell and it was swinging one way and then the other. Good Rams goal on 24 minutes. A through ball saw Bryson move and take 2 QPR defenders away from the ball and it fell to Marriott who smashed itinto the bottom right hand corner. Not much in an attacking semse after that and we scraped into half time a goal up.

2nd half they again started the brighter side and soon got a free kick 25 yards out. Carson was able to palm the shot away but not to safety. It was put back in and Cameron slotted home his first goal for 4 years. Much ado about nothing after that and although we looked sharper for the last 15, sparked off by a Rangel foul on Wilson which should have led to his 2nd yellow of the game but in the end 1-1 was probably as much as either side deserved.

It might have been so much different if the ref had done what he should have. Why do we keep getting damned idiots? Rangel and Lawrence booked for an altercation, off the ball, so we didn't see what it was on RamsTV. Wells put his studs into BJs calf and didn't get booked. I am not convinced the free kick that led to their equaliser should have been given. Rangel should have gone for his foul on Wilson. Tomori got a smack in the face going for a header late on. A flailing arm in the face is, according to the Laws, a penalty inside the box. Yet again the referee has had far too much influence on the game.

Carson - 6 decent game, shame he couldn't push that free kick out rather than away
    Bogle - 5 his worst game for Derby both defensively and attacking
    Keogh - 7 solid prformance
    Tomori - 7 Solid performance
    Forsyth - 7 Much better in defence than Malone, slightly less effective going forward. Still the better choice of the 2
    Bryson - 7 Less influential than previous games but still everywhere
    Johnson - 7 A great presence at DM
    Mount - 7 Decent performance
    Jozefzoon - 5 replaced Bennett. Poor in attack and not doing much defensively either. Bennett back next game.
    Marriott - 8 Replicated Nuge's workrate and took his goal superbly
    Lawrence - 6 slightly better than Jozefzoon but Wilson back next game
    MA fair analysis agree with most of your scores I would give Mount six not sure about 7 for Fozzy not much to choose between him Malone The wide men terrible Lawrence 5 and Josefzoon 4 he was a waste of time Agree about Carson with their goal looked a poor attempt to save to me although I was at the other end so I may be wrong Poor return from on paper three easy games Rovrum Bolton QPR and just one point collected Three tough games coming up can't see us getting much Hard to say what is wrong obviously lack of goals isn't helping But can't see FL changing much would be nice to see Marriott and Waghorn together but not going to happen Can we really say our wide men really affect games I'm not convinced they do Think we could do worse than try Bogle wide right with Wisdom behind him
    Last edited by mistaram; 06-10-2018 at 07:09 PM.

There's no punch, bite or edge to our game. It's all done in monosyllables!!
    I want to see more urgency, penetration and creativity. It's just, well....drab!!
    And them over there are above us (body shivers and shakes at the thought!!)

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    There's no punch, bite or edge to our game. It's all done in monosyllables!!
    I want to see more urgency, penetration and creativity. It's just, well....drab!!
    And them over there are above us (body shivers and shakes at the thought!!)
    Wingers yet again ineffective just as they were on Wednesday. Too little end product and influence on games as a collective.

I said a few weeks back that in the opening series of games we needed to maximise our points total based on the opposition. So far we've played 8 of the bottom 9 and have been less than convincing in a lot of those games.

Brentford was possibly the only games this season where it all came together to the point where chances were converted.

Losses at Rotherham, Millwall and Bolton are probably a better marker of what to expect currently.

We are work in progress and I'm certainly not wanting another change in management but I'd be surprised if we are troubling the play off places come May.

The a shining lights for me have been Mount, Tomori and Bogle, the youngest 3 in the side. They are all still learning but show bags of promise and international careers beckon.

I'm pleased Marriott got his start and glad he notched too. He's shown more than Waghorn who's first touch looks awful.

In terms of the other sides Stoke are finding some form, WBA look very strong and as much as it kills me to say it the lads down the road look a well drilled unit (17/4 to win at Boro). They are dropping points but not losing and in my opinion have looked one of the better sides.

A handful of points covers around fif**** teams though I'm fearful of Oct & Nov but would love to be proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Wingers yet again ineffective just as they were on Wednesday. Too little end product and
    influence on games as a collective.

I said a few weeks back that in the opening series of games we needed to maximise our points total based on the opposition. So far we've played 8 of the bottom 9 and have been less than convincing in a lot of those games.

Brentford was possibly the only games this season where it all came together to the point where chances were converted.

Losses at Rotherham, Millwall and Bolton are probably a better marker of what to expect currently.

We are work in progress and I'm certainly not wanting another change in management but I'd be surprised if we are troubling the play off places come May.

The a shining lights for me have been Mount, Tomori and Bogle, the youngest 3 in the side. They are all still learning but show bags of promise and international careers beckon.

I'm pleased Marriott got his start and glad he notched too. He's shown more than Waghorn who's first touch looks awful.

In terms of the other sides Stoke are finding some form, WBA look very strong and as much as it kills me to say it the lads down the road look a well drilled unit (17/4 to win at Boro). They are dropping points but not losing and in my opinion have looked one of the better sides.

A handful of points covers around fif**** teams though I'm fearful of Oct & Nov but would love to be proved wrong.
    Manx. You are right We will not be troubling the playoffs but I never expected us to be doing Sounds defeatist but staying in this division will have to be the expectations this season and I'm not over confident about doing that Of course it could all change if we have a good Jan transfer but not holding much hope there If we go with the present squad i would expect us to finish between 14th and 18th unless FL changes from this possession is everything style

C’mon guys...it’s early October...we’re one place outside the play offs, six points off the top, miles away from danger and ahead of eleven (I think) clubs who’ve had more recent experience of the top flight than us.
    It’s a work in progress, we knew it would be and although our form since the international break has been frustrating the two performances against other promotion candidates - Brentford and Norwich - saw us take 4/6 points.
    There will be loads of twists and turns. Half of us had Leeds winning by a country mile a month or so ago and now they’re not even top and showing only marginally more consistency than us. West Brom look good at the moment but so did we a few weeks ago. Keep the faith...a more settled side, Davies back, the right signing(s) in January and it can all still happen in a division which is much closer and harder to predict than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    C’mon guys...it’s early October...we’re one place outside the play offs, six points off
    the top, miles away from danger and ahead of eleven (I think) clubs who’ve had more recent experience of the top flight than us.
    It’s a work in progress, we knew it would be and although our form since the international break has been frustrating the two performances against other promotion candidates - Brentford and Norwich - saw us take 4/6 points.
    There will be loads of twists and turns. Half of us had Leeds winning by a country mile a month or so ago and now they’re not even top and showing only marginally more consistency than us. West Brom look good at the moment but so did we a few weeks ago. Keep the faith...a more settled side, Davies back, the right signing(s) in January and it can all still happen in a division which is much closer and harder to predict than last season.
    RA we've played 12 matches and only really produced in one Brentford and half a match against Preston the rest we've either been average or plain lucky I fail to see where this squad is getting any better but as you say a work in progress Not sure Davies back will make the difference how problems are not at centre back it's scoring goals We've only conceded 13 goals and 4 of those against Leeds but only scored 15 WBA have scored 31but then again they don't play with one striker

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA we've played 12 matches and only really produced in one Brentford and half a match against Preston the rest we've either been average or plain lucky I fail to see where this squad is getting any better but as you say a work in progress Not sure Davies back will make the difference how problems are not at centre back it's scoring goals We've only conceded 13 goals and 4 of those against Leeds but only scored 15 WBA have scored 31but then again they don't play with one striker
    Yep, you’re right mista and circumstances mean I’ve seen very little this season but...
    1) Davies’ return doesn’t just impact on the centre back position...it may also allow a more physical midfield presence.
    2) This time last year, as an example, Sheffield United were in an equally strong position and then ‘blew up’ even more than us.
    3) All teams will have periods of great form and poor form throughout the season in what is a very competitive league and I still think we’re one of about ten, maybe more, sides with a realistic chance of the top six.

As you say...the next month looks hard...but then last month looked easy. It’s the ‘Derby way’...win at Old Trafford, lose at Bolton and Rotherham.

The SBC is always crazy but this season beats them all. Something like the thickness of a Rizla paper between the top 15. 3 wins on the bounce and you rocket from almost bottom to (almost) top in one breathtaking 8 day period..........

As usual, this League is relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep, you’re right mista and circumstances mean I’ve seen very little this season but...

1) Davies’ return doesn’t just impact on the centre back position...it may also allow a more physical midfield presence.
    2) This time last year, as an example, Sheffield United were in an equally strong position and then ‘blew up’ even more than us.
    3) All teams will have periods of great form and poor form throughout the season in what is a very competitive league and I still think we’re one of about ten, maybe more, sides with a realistic chance of the top six.

As you say...the next month looks hard...but then last month looked easy. It’s the ‘Derby way’...win at Old Trafford, lose at Bolton and Rotherham.
    RA Not sure what you mean about Davies return will allow more physical midfield presence
    Yes I know the Blades were hit and miss last season But looks like they have sorted it out My neighbour is a massive Blades fan and he was telling me this morning he went yesterday against Hull and just how poor Martin played It will take a really good Jan transfer to give our team any chance of top ten or a change of tactics

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)