Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
RA we've played 12 matches and only really produced in one Brentford and half a match against Preston the rest we've either been average or plain lucky I fail to see where this squad is getting any better but as you say a work in progress Not sure Davies back will make the difference how problems are not at centre back it's scoring goals We've only conceded 13 goals and 4 of those against Leeds but only scored 15 WBA have scored 31but then again they don't play with one striker
Yep, you’re right mista and circumstances mean I’ve seen very little this season but...
1) Davies’ return doesn’t just impact on the centre back position...it may also allow a more physical midfield presence.
2) This time last year, as an example, Sheffield United were in an equally strong position and then ‘blew up’ even more than us.
3) All teams will have periods of great form and poor form throughout the season in what is a very competitive league and I still think we’re one of about ten, maybe more, sides with a realistic chance of the top six.

As you say...the next month looks hard...but then last month looked easy. It’s the ‘Derby way’...win at Old Trafford, lose at Bolton and Rotherham.