+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QPR Report

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Ram not sure about Tomari contributing to a number of goals Every goal scored can always be put down to somebody Don't think he's done any more than anybody else Its not like we're shipping goals I think him and Keogh have been our only consistant performers Obviously Davies is a great defender but his passing is poor will that suit Frank's possession game I'm not sure
    Just recently, Tomori gave away the free kick leading to QPR's goal, should have cleared into row z in the last minute against Man u instead of a miss placed forward ball lost his player for the Brentford and Norwich goals. He's not soley to blame for all of those goals, but if he'd done his job properly, none would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Just recently, Tomori gave away the free kick leading to QPR's goal, should have cleared into row z in the last minute against Man u instead of a miss placed forward ball lost his player for the Brentford and Norwich goals. He's not soley to blame for all of those goals, but if he'd done his job properly, none would have happened.
    But was that QPR incident a free kick? IMO it wasn't and the ref got it wrong.

Just recently, Tomori gave away the free kick leading to QPR's goal, should have cleared into row z in
    the last minute against Man u instead of a miss placed forward ball lost his player for the Brentford and Norwich goals. He's not soley to blame for all of those goals, but if he'd done his job properly, none would have happened.
    Ram It wasn't even a free kick at QPR try blaming Carson not getting the ball to safety and we don't do row Z under Lampard He was not even marking Zimmermann when he scored for Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    But was that QPR incident a free kick? IMO it wasn't and the ref got it wrong.
    Regarding the QPR goal, Tomori was out of position when the ball was played forward, but to his credit he recovered quickly to get back at the player. I've looked at the foul several times on tv and it appears that Tomori's boot makes contact with their players boot rather than the ball. So although the ref had an awful game on the day, giving soft free kicks to both sides, I think he got this one right.

It just seems too often that when we concede a goal Tomori is involved somewhere down the line.

No doubt, he has the ability to be a good player, but not in this position at this stage of his career.

I thought Klose scored for Norwich?

Ram It wasn't even a free kick at QPR try blaming Carson not getting the ball to safety and we don't do row Z under Lampard He was not even marking Zimmermann when he scored for Norwich
    He was marking Zimmerman when the corner was being taken, but he just let him make a run and Keogh tried to cover for him.

I pointed out that he was not soley to blame for the goals, but I believe that had Davies been playing none of the other players would have been in a position to make their mistakes because Davies would have cleared the ball. Tbf, if Lawrence had closed their defender down properly, the ball wouldn't have been able to be played forward in the first place for the QPR goal.

Regarding the QPR goal, Tomori was out of position when the ball was played forward, but to his credit he recovered quickly to get back at the player. I've looked at the foul several times on tv and it appears that Tomori's boot makes contact with their players boot rather than the ball. So although the ref had an awful game on the day, giving soft free kicks to both sides, I think he got this one right.

It just seems too often that when we concede a goal Tomori is involved somewhere down the line.

No doubt, he has the ability to be a good player, but not in this position at this stage of his career.
    Agreeing with Ram59 - Leeds first goal another example. Great at recovery due to his speed over 5-10 yards, but too error/bad judgement prone. Shows promise, needs time on the bench to reflect

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Agreeing with Ram59 - Leeds first goal another example. Great at recovery due to his speed over 5-10 yards, but too error/bad judgement prone. Shows promise, needs time on the bench to reflect
    I think he needs experience, either at CB for the u23's or in another position for the first team where his errors of judgement aren't so costly. Many aspects of his game are first class, it's just his decision making that lets him down occasionally.

I think he needs experience, either at CB for the u23's or in another position for the first team where his
    errors of judgement aren't so costly. Many aspects of his game are first class, it's just his decision making that lets him down occasionally.
    What can I say we've conceded 13 goals in 12 matches 4of then against Leeds We've done all that with a centre back who can't defend We should not be conceding any at all then when Davies comes back 😄😄

What can I say we've conceded 13 goals in 12 matches 4of then against Leeds We've done all that with a centre back who can't defend We should not be conceding any at all then when Davies comes back ����
    Everything is perfect then, let's carry on just outside of the play offs.

Isn't there room for improvement in both the team and the players, especially the younger ones?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)