+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: QPR Report

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Everything is perfect then, let's carry on just outside of the play offs.

Isn't there room for improvement in both the team and the players, especially the younger ones?
    t

Ram. Yes your right always room for improvement Hopefully hang in there till Jan transfer window then hopefully go again That's my heart says but my head says can't see it happening just hope I'm wrong

Everything is perfect then, let's carry on just outside of the play offs.

Isn't there room for improvement in both the team and the players, especially the younger ones?
    Don’t think anyone is suggesting ‘everything’s perfect’, just that our main problem is creating goals rather than preventing them. Personally I agree with you about wanting Davies back but perversely I don’t think our centre back partnership is amongst our biggest problems, as fif**** goals for and thir**** against would suggest.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-10-2018 at 08:41 PM.

More goals for or less goals against would improve results. Boro have scored less than us but are 4 points ahead. Naturally from an entertainment point of view, we would like to score more.

Where would we be without soft goals conceded against millwall, Norwich, Bolton and QPR? These games spring to mind, costing us 8 points. I believe had Davies been playing, we would be a few points better off now.

Those improved results would give the team more confidence to take the team performance to a higher level.

More goals for or less goals against would improve results. Boro have scored less than us but are 4 points ahead. Naturally from an entertainment point of view, we would like to score more.

Where would we be without soft goals conceded against millwall, Norwich, Bolton and QPR? These games spring to mind, costing us 8 points. I believe had Davies been playing, we would be a few points better off now.

Those improved results would give the team more confidence to take the team performance to a higher level.
    You’re right of course and the answer is...we’d be eight points better off and top!
    I have a horrible feeling that yet again those ‘soft goals’ might come back to haunt us but, I think we have the fourth best defence and only the eleventh best attack in the Championship which tells its own story.
    Even Preston, Forest and Big Ears’ bunch have scored more so it’s pretty obvious where the problems lie.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-10-2018 at 12:26 AM.

So the answer has to be Blackman and Martin then?

More goals for or less goals against would improve results. Boro have scored less than us but are 4 points Bahead. Naturally from an entertainment point of view, we would like to score more.

U
    Ram You are just stating the matches we didn't win What about all the lucky points we've got Reading Ledleys lucky deflection against Ipswich. Last minute breakaway at Hull Norwich out played us Bryson gets one of the thigh he knew nothing about Swings and roundabouts spring to mind There's 10 points we didn't really deserve but that's football for you

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So the answer has to be Blackman and Martin then?
    No the answer from an attacking perspective is, if you are going to play ‘wingers’, allow them to cross the ‘****ing ball! Either our wing players are incaple, scared or under instructions, because I’ve lost count of the number of good crossing chances that have resulted in a pull back, a retreat and sometimes eventually a pass back to Carson. Even an eyes closed lamped over cross stands a better chance than no cross at all. Case in point (although it was actually a sh”t hot cross) was the winner v Reading.

Edit that’s not me with my rose tinted Alan Hinton specs on, happy to play a different way but don’t pretend to play wingers, either play them and use them or don’t bother

Second case in point after reading mista’s post, Brysons thigh goal.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 10-10-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No the answer from an attacking perspective is, if you are going to play ‘wingers’, allow them to cross the ‘****ing ball! Either our wing players are incaple, scared or under instructions, because I’ve lost count of the number of good crossing chances that have resulted in a pull back, a retreat and sometimes eventually a pass back to Carson. Even an eyes closed lamped over cross stands a better chance than no cross at all. Case in point (although it was actually a sh”t hot cross) was the winner v Reading.

Edit that’s not me with my rose tinted Alan Hinton specs on, happy to play a different way but don’t pretend to play wingers, either play them and use them or don’t bother

Bennett 2 assists from crosses.
    Nugent 1 assist from a cross following a great line ball from Bennett
    Waghorn 1 assist from a good cross
    Bryson's goal was from a cross by whom?

15 goals this season in the League. 1/3 of them that I can recall off the top of my head from crosses. Maybe more that I don't recall ....... I did think of Bryson's assist to Wilson against Brentford anf then decided it was more of a pass than a cross.........

I’m not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing there but of course you are listing goals achieved, not the goals that never happened because for some reason the player who should have crossed didn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No the answer from an attacking perspective is, if you are going to play ‘wingers’, allow them to cross the
    ‘****ing ball! Either our wing players are incaple, scared or under instructions, because I’ve lost count of the number of good crossing chances that have resulted in a pull back, a retreat and sometimes eventually a pass back to Carson. Even an eyes closed lamped over cross stands a better chance than no cross at all. Case in point (although it was actually a sh”t hot cross) was the winner v Reading.

Couldn't agree more Andy most of the trouble we don't get many crosses Is because we usually play right footed Lawrence on the left and left footed Wilson on the right The two footed ones Josefzoon and Bennett have been so inconsistent that they are not regular starters Personally unless the wide men start contributing a little more is assists or goals Then maybe time tweak our formation for example add another midfielder or second striker Because at the moment not sure this set up will succeed but have to bow to the fact Frank knows more than me

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)