+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mears, Bartley & Livermoretwithstanding

Mears, Bartley & Livermoretwithstanding

Not sure what happened with the title ?

Notwithstanding Bartley’s goal header/s I thought all 3 were poor today.
    Livermore looked dilatory...is he overweight ?
    Mears just dreadful in all regards. What did we see in him.
    Bartley is well off the pace and was easily beaten a number of times. I’m still wanting to like him and wishing to see some positives.
    At least 2 of the 3 were subbed !
    Last edited by Prando; 06-10-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Strange. I actually thought Bartley played better today and was pleased for him to score a goal. We still look wide open at times and the midfield is still crying out for some urgency and trickery. Livermore was poor beyond belief today and I am afraid Mears does not bring enough to the team as he cannot perform the role of Phillips. I could not see a 4-1 scoreline emerging at halftime and we were very lucky we did not go in two down as they missed a sitter, almost a replica of Harvey Barnes chance which he dispatched perfectly. We keep getting results but I cannot escape the feeling we are gonna get tanked eventually. But I am enjoying the games and at the end of the day enjoyment is what its all about.
    Last edited by Joy_Division; 06-10-2018 at 06:43 PM.

85 Percent of What We Worry About Never Happens
    Five hundred years ago, Michel de Montaigne said: "My life has been filled with terrible misfortune; most of which never happened." Now there's a study that proves it. This study looked into how many of our imagined calamities never materialize.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/85-of...bout_b_8028368
    Just enjoy each day and each match....

What if we do get a thumping every now and again? Does it matter as long as we win most games, score plenty of goals and entertain the fans. Recent history in this league shows that if you are top goalscorers you win enough matches to be there or there about at the end of the season, and win the league in the last 4 seasons.

Plenty up here moaning last night about the fact that their side has only scored 14 goals in 12 matches and look to win 1-0 home or away! Already fed up of no attacking intent and resigned to no entertainment and no promotion at the end of the season if they continue to be set up like they are.

Enjoy what we have, 31 league goals in 12 games - who would have thought that even in this league.
    Last edited by Yarmbaggie; 07-10-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Well mears got one of the highest ratings yesterday. Obviously everyone sees different things.

Well, I am really looking forward to my next visit to the Shrine - which is pretty soon, Blackburn. 😊 A win and plenty of goals, and a few pre match drinks in the Sportsman. 😊👍

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Well mears got one of the highest ratings yesterday. Obviously everyone sees different things.
    He, He helped change the the game setting up the ist goal. Big Dave was pleased that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Strange. I actually thought Bartley played better today and was pleased for him to score a goal. We still look wide open at times and the midfield is still crying out for some urgency and trickery. Livermore was poor beyond belief today and I am afraid Mears does not bring enough to the team as he cannot perform the role of Phillips. I could not see a 4-1 scoreline emerging at halftime and we were very lucky we did not go in two down as they missed a sitter, almost a replica of Harvey Barnes chance which he dispatched perfectly. We keep getting results but I cannot escape the feeling we are gonna get tanked eventually. But I am enjoying the games and at the end of the day enjoyment is what its all about.
    Indeed JD buddy, Bartley was somewhat better than his majority of previous performances. I guess relying on our 3 at the back, he is extremely susceptible to any pace. Just worrying me more than somewhat !
    Agree though, pleasing to see him on the scoresheet and I am trying my best to be positive about him.
    I also sense that Gibbo gets frustrated when the simple pass to him is overlooked by Bartley in favour of a return to Hegasi.
    Still, onwards and upwards. In Moore we trust ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Indeed JD buddy, Bartley was somewhat better than his majority of previous performances. I guess relying on our 3 at the back, he is extremely susceptible to any pace. Just worrying me more than somewhat !
    Agree though, pleasing to see him on the scoresheet and I am trying my best to be positive about him.
    I also sense that Gibbo gets frustrated when the simple pass to him is overlooked by Bartley in favour of a return to Hegasi.
    Still, onwards and upwards. In Moore we trust ?
    Fair assesment. Bartley's passing yesterday was better than Dawson's imo.

Nice to see that Bartley had a better game. That's probably the first time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)