+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good thing about todays result

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good thing about todays result

Is that surely Ellis cannot be in contention anymore, hes as culpable as the other two managers hes worked under.

We need a total fresh start here!!!!

Agree
    But the bad thing about today other than the result is there was meant to be a reaction to last weeks shocker, for personal pride if anything and regardless of the manager.
    They delivered nothing.

I'm hoping the players want rid of him too and thats the reason today was zero reactive. Fresh start, total managerial clear oot.

Fresh manager, fresh ideas, fresh tactics, a plan B, different training regime etc. On paper we have a team that should be competing to win the league but they arent playing anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Is that surely Ellis cannot be in contention anymore, hes as culpable as the other two managers hes worked under.

We need a total fresh start here!!!!
    Agreed, also there have been too many ex United player/managers who have failed to make it work. Is it really worth the risk of bringing in another ex United player manager?

If the players downed tools today in order to make sure Ellis isn't manager then it's disgraceful and not fair on the 450 arabs that went through.
    The board need to get the finger out and do their job by appointing a new manager. But like another poster said, they appear out of their depth.

The worrying thing is i dont think they downed tools. We created a lot and didnt dither on ball like usual. I feel we were too slow, not coordinated and lacked the quality of Ayr. Yes lacked the quality of Ayr. McMullan was frustrating centrally, but unfair to pick on one player. I dont think we have the players with speed and urgency of others in this division. I also dont really think we have as good a team as some think. AIrd may have made a difference but get Glass starting next week. Smith also frustrates me slightly on a wide right role.

oh and Thistle interested in talking to Neilson.

Wake up you fat banker puppet!

Quote Originally Posted by shedruleyabasx View Post
    oh and Thistle interested in talking to Neilson.

Wake up you fat banker puppet!
    Shock.!!!

We'll dither, lose out by doing so and Yogi will be in the dugout come Saturday. 😢

I dont think todays result is too much of an indicator of Lauries chances, more like an indicator of how so badly wrong Shabbas appointment turned out to be. I think Laurie benefited from a squad that were more together and with him last season, and this season he needs to work harder to get them on side.

I was of the thinking to give Laurie the Partick game, but if they get their man sooner rather than later, then we would be at a disadvantage when we are still gelling!

Chick - my point is we should have had someone lined up already! No today wasnt Lauries fault but dont think he is the answer either. Sure he will be in charge for thistle and thistle will have a new manager.

To me that is negligence on Martins part - again!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)