+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marks out of ten

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

The problem is that Husin, Vaughan and Patching are all too lightweight to play in a more defensive-minded role like Milsom, and Crawford seems to have disappeared (Did he pick up an an injury a while back? Or maybe he popped out to try to find Hall?). Davies must be unrated by HK too if Brisley gets picked in a defensive midfield role ahead of him.
    You just mentioned 5 new signings who don't get a game. What a waste of the budget, but there's no point playing them for the sake of it. In fairness, HK has used his limited amount of spare cash wisely.

I was at the game.

Fitz- 8 MOTM for me. Stopped anything that came goalwards, kicked well and produced a world class save in the 94th minute so we kept all 3 points. Hopefully he's back to his best

Ward and Turley- 7.5 each. Both solid. Turley kicks and heads everything and Ward has great positional nous. Turley is always shouting and pointing, definitely a natural leader.

Tootle- 6 Generally ok but was off the pace at times and his positioning was questionable in the first half.

Evina- 6.5 Steady game, did a good job

Brisley- 6 I actually thought he did ok as a DM, he won some headers and stopped their tricky man in the hole from playing. Not something we want to see too often though!

Hewitt- 6.5 No nonsense, steady game.

Alessandra- 6.5 Showed some quality at times but not quite reaching the standard of the last 2 games. Still good though.

Hemmings- 7 worked his socks off. Unlucky with his chance. I think his view was blocked from somebody trying to head it and the ball just hit him.

Stead- 7.5 Ran and ran and ran. Unbelievable really. Great pen, job done.

Enzio- 7 Chased the ball down for the pen and looked dangerous when he ran at people

Subs:

Thomas- 6.5 brought some well needed energy in to the game
    Husin- 6 did a good job as he had to defend a bit more than usual
    Dennis- 6 worked hard when he came on but didn't really get a chance

Kewell- 9 Fantastic. He knew it would be an ugly game and the only way to fight that was to play ugly as well.
    Those are the kind of games that happen at the bottom of league 2 and we've shown that we can be disciplined enough to see them out now. Good tactics and a solid defensive display. Perfect week! Well done Hazza!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12