+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben Williams Tackle Today

Ben Williams Tackle Today

A thing of beauty , something I thought had left this game in modern times .

You'll do for me kid , timed to perfection and set up our third goal .

These aren't just tackles they are statements , we can play but we can compete too .

Hope Fatty Evans enjoyed it .

Thought Williams played great , I’d keep him in even if the others are fit

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

These aren't just tackles they are statements , we can play but we can compete too .

Animal I comented on that tackle on another thread them sorta tackles were common place in the 1960's in the owd Nelson league, junior league , Asociation league , Montague league and the Pen1stone league's having played in nyon all them leagues there was noowa mamby chuffing pambyin abart then.

By the way I wonder if Mr Drysdale (the ref) is related to Pipkin's boss.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Evans is a poor loser refusing to shake our coaches hands st the end of the game and constantly having a fit on the touchline

He does know how to get teams promoted though

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Animal I comented on that tackle on another thread them sorta tackles were common place in the 1960's in the owd Nelson league, junior league , Asociation league , Montague league and the Pen1stone league's having played in nyon all them leagues there was noowa mamby chuffing pambyin abart then.

By the way I wonder if Mr Drysdale (the ref) is related to Pipkin's boss.
    I remember my hero Alan Little in the 78/79 promotion team making a few of those and the game was the better for it .

Hard and fair , not dirty or cynical , the game was a test of skill and character and we've lost that aspect over the years in my opinion .

Evans is a fat, horrible piece of poo! He is ignorant and lacks class.

The fat man Evans is as loathsome as they come, and it makes it worse if hes refusing to shake hands with our lot at the end.
    However, it has been suggested by some fans that the pathetic owner McAnthony still holds grudges against us and was ordering him not to handshake.