+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: East Fife Challenge Cup

We done exactly what a part time team wanted us to do. That being punting a high ball to their centre halfs all day. Just cant get my head round it.

Running out of steam already and only into October

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    We done exactly what a part time team wanted us to do. That being punting a high ball to their centre halfs all day. Just cant get my head round it.

reason is mate ,without harkins in there we have nothing going forward ,everyone feeds of him which keeps us passing instead of punting ,i knew this was going to happen at some point ,either harkins or dobbie injured and its caos ,moreso harkins than dobs ,yes dobs scores for fun but without harkins its a different scenario ,the whole team suffers ,what we need is more quality so we dont miss these players as much when injured .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    reason is mate ,without harkins in there we have nothing going forward ,everyone feeds of him which keeps us passing instead of punting ,i knew this was going to happen at some point ,either harkins or dobbie injured and its caos ,moreso harkins than dobs ,yes dobs scores for fun but without harkins its a different scenario ,the whole team suffers ,what we need is more quality so we dont miss these players as much when injured .

Yesterday’s defeat was nothing to do with not having Harkins in the team

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Yesterday’s defeat was nothing to do with not having Harkins in the team
    I'm still puzzled as to why Murray wasn't given a chance yesterday and yet again we failed to use all three subs in a cup tie when there was nothing to lose. Even at 2-0 down, two goals would have taken the match to penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I'm still puzzled as to why Murray wasn't given a chance yesterday and yet again we failed to use all three subs in a cup tie when there was nothing to lose. Even at 2-0 down, two goals would have taken the match to penalties.
    As I have mentioned before Murray hasn't featured for some time, anybody know why??

It is easy to be critical but there are a number of recurring themes over the last two years:

1) Martin is not reliable enough as Queens number one.

2) All 3 substitutes should be used, - especially when the team is losing, - if only to give players game time.

3) Alternatives must be perused during matches, not only to provide cover for injuries and suspensions but to stop the team becoming too one dimensional for the opposition, - which happened with East Fife, - who knew how to set out their stall.

On another matter, - Patrick Slattery was slated on this board but he has proved that he is more than capable of playing at this level. He would be a good addition to the squad in January playing alongside and learning from the genius of Harkins and Dobbie.

Harkins and Dobbie might have a couple of years left (at most), - but Pat has a good decade in him and we could do a lot worse than bring back one of our own and have him developed into a really good player.

Yes Jardi ex - Queens men Slattery and Smith (with a cracking goal) certainly made Albertz's prediction look rather stupid !

Quote Originally Posted by albertz_11 View Post
    i reckon slattery and smith won't be up to much.
    Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Nice one.

hay guys we all know and seen this scenario for decades now ,ex queens players have a habbit of coming back and haunting us ,there ex queens players for a reason ,in my opinion we should move forwards not go back the way taking players back that we released ,queens are in the championship ,we shouldnt be looking at players from lower leagues unless thay are proving to be something real special .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)