+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible scenarios

lets be honest 90% of fans expected/wanted Csaba punted after livi and realistically he shouldn't have been given the chance to build his own squad as he had shown nothing in the 7/8 months prior to merit being giving that responsibility.

I reckon the changes that martin has made over the summer will help united in the long run and have been positively received but the one change that needed to be made wasnt made. if Martin had punted CL and replaced him with anyone, the season tickets sales would have been higher and the positive feeling around the club would have been back for a short time at least but by sticking with CL, many fans werent convinced he could take us up which has lead to our early season attendances to be pretty poor.

A couple of early good wins for whoever comes in the fans will come back then we can get some good feelings back at the club

So in your opinion TTT should we have kept Lazlo in employment after the 5-1 humiliation?

I've already said many times I think he should have stayed for the season once the decision was made to keep him so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeztheshed View Post
    With all due respect, the recent huge phucking mistake we made was to keep a profoundly poor manager on and give him a summer window. If we had replaced him in after the Livi play off debacle we would most likely be in a much more stable position than now. Much more stable then being left with the team Shabba picked and put on 2-3 year deals. We need to find a good manager that gels with the players and there would be no point in hanging on to one that doesn't, Shabba being a case in point.
    100%

If it's Neilson, which by all reports it looks like being, then I'm really hoping that we can turn a corner here. My glass would be half full again as opposed to damn near shattered from when Laszlo was in charge.

Even if we don't go up this year, which I don't think we will, if Neilson's team can show enough positive signs from now until the end of the season I can easily see an upsurge in positivity from my fellow Arabs. This can then be carried into next season and we can start off in a better place than where we were at the start of the season.

What I mean by that is well all hopefully have a far brighter outlook ahead of us than we did knowing that Laszlo was to be leading us into battle this season. That simply scunnered far too many people, probably rightly so.

Anyway, that's my "possible scenario". Positivity and well placed hope to return to the club and fans.

Its done and director of football later this week possibly

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Then the fans get against the new manager even though it isn't his team and want him punted at the end is the season.

Sound familiar?
    No, it sounds like sour grapes tbh

Actually don't think this will happen Terry even if he can't get us up this year. It was clear that your man wasn't a coach, a leader, a tactician or a motivator. I think the fans realise that Robbie will lead us back to the Premiership either this season or at worst next, and I think they'll be right behind him even if results initially don't go our way. This is a proper investment in future success whereas Csaba was a hopeful punt.

So come on, lets get right behind the guy, show a little patience and I think we'll be rewarded. It might take him a little time to get it right but I believe he will.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    So come on, lets get right behind the guy, show a little patience and I think we'll be rewarded. It might take him a little time to get it right but I believe he will.
    I'm right behind him, 100%. Unlike me, unfortunately patience is in short supply with a lot of our fans these days.

There is no point being patient for the sake of it though

Think more patience will be given to someone that gets us believing in them, there was none of that from early this year with Laszlo, why be patient when it was obvious not going to have a positive outcome

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    There is no point being patient for the sake of it though

Think more patience will be given to someone that gets us believing in them, there was none of that from early this year with Laszlo, why be patient when it was obvious not going to have a positive outcome
    Hypothetical question, what happens if Neilson fails to get us to the playoffs this season? Does he still get patience and time?

I'll still give him time fwiw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)