+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible scenarios

Possible scenarios

MM continues to dither. We lose to Partick with Ellis still in charge

MM appoints manager A on Monday.
    MM is abused because he should have appointment manager B or C etc.

We lose to Partick and MM is abused further because he didn’t take long enough to appoint the right man.

Manager turns things around and we go on a winning run.
    MM is still useless but at last the fans are happy.

And the worst possible outcome.
    New manager can’t do anything because the players aren’t good enough. We finish mid table.

The gemmes up the poley.

Then the fans get against the new manager even though it isn't his team and want him punted at the end is the season.

Sound familiar?

The fans were against Csaba when it became blatantly obvious he was utterly woeful and not capable of doing the job at Utd

Went his own team and with the previous team

Why you still haven't realised that I don't know

Regardless, we're facing the prospect of repeating the same mistakes. I sincerely hope not though.

Or making the right choice similar to 2006 when we had fired three useless managers back to back in the space of 18 months (McCall, Chisholm, Brewster) but chose correctly in Levein

After Jackie we have had two shocking choices (Mixu who no one wanted which relegated us when a sensible choice could have saved us and Csaba which was a disaster that was stupidly prolonged) with an OK choice in between those (Ray)

If its Neilson he will get full backing, it's a common sense appointment, not without risk but for me anyway gives more confidence than any of the last three have that it's a safe pair of hands that can bring this club back to life over the next couple years

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Regardless, we're facing the prospect of repeating the same mistakes. I sincerely hope not though.
    With all due respect, the recent huge phucking mistake we made was to keep a profoundly poor manager on and give him a summer window. If we had replaced him in after the Livi play off debacle we would most likely be in a much more stable position than now. Much more stable then being left with the team Shabba picked and put on 2-3 year deals. We need to find a good manager that gels with the players and there would be no point in hanging on to one that doesn't, Shabba being a case in point.

*and can coherently direct the players. I have been hearing from someone inside the club how significant his language barrier and negativity have been.

I just want the new manager in instil fight into this team, I can take defeat, phukk I can even take a 5-1 hammering fae Ross County, as long as my team has fight in them, that’s we’re it starts. If the new guy can do that, we are off and running.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Or making the right choice similar to 2006 when we had fired three useless managers back to back in the space of 18 months (McCall, Chisholm, Brewster) but chose correctly in Levein

After Jackie we have had two shocking choices (Mixu who no one wanted which relegated us when a sensible choice could have saved us and Csaba which was a disaster that was stupidly prolonged) with an OK choice in between those (Ray)

If its Neilson he will get full backing, it's a common sense appointment, not without risk but for me anyway gives more confidence than any of the last three have that it's a safe pair of hands that can bring this club back to life over the next couple years
    ^^^This. Have to try and get some positivity back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeztheshed View Post
    With all due respect, the recent huge phucking mistake we made was to keep a profoundly poor manager on and give him a summer window.
    I agree, if we were going to get rid of the manager the summer was the time to do it. Now we are in the same situation as last year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)