+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats the chances?

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Alfy, no disagreement on being biased on ref assessment. I know I am but also have watched enough games and, more specifically, replays of calls and the resulting suspensions to form my opinion. I would be happy if anyone referenced any game the last 2 years where we got more than our fair share of calls. However, the suspension and punishments meted out by the FA speak volumes. The canos incident was just the latest. he physically hits one of our players with no suspension and our player "verbally assaults a ref" and is suspended. Pay no attention to the fact that the call was incorrect.

Regarding being an "embarrassment". Our travel numbers are comparable to the teams referenced even though we are in the championship. You can multiply that number if we are in the prem so yeah, we are a much better traveling team than the teams we referenced. The prem's not hurting for money but the championship could use some more full stadiums. Not a ridiculous proposition that the FA is corrupt or unethical at all. Far from impossible to assume they wouldn't act on it. some of the members of the various committees intensely dislike LUFC so not silly to assume they might act on it. You just keep pretending that they are future candidates for beatification and knighthood.
    Spaldy
    Leeds should have gone up few years back under Grayson,he just needed a cup of tea from Ken to give us a push,he put a block on it and did not want Leeds going up due to the money he would have had to find when we went into liquidation,the figure quoted was around 30 million,that season it was Ken Bates who stopped us going up,not the Ref,not the organisation,not the linesman,Sir Ken Bates.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Pontus will get penalised for his interview and the guy who tried the headbutt will get off.

klix, thanks for the post. did not know that but should not be hard to verify. some very rocky times back then and that team was pretty good on it's day. Very depressing. fair amount of prem players came out of that team. Much easier to blame the FA or some nebulous body than your owner.

klix, thanks for the post. did not know that but should not be hard to verify. some very rocky times back then and that team was pretty good on it's day. Very depressing. fair amount of prem players came out of that team. Much easier to blame the FA or some nebulous body than your owner.
    Strange how things are "interpreted" here.

Not so long ago, I got right royally "kicked" for asserting things that, in all honesty were assertions rather than verifiable fact.

For whatever reason, klix (aka Marley), gets thanked for making some hilarious accusation that the man who screwed Leeds for every last penny would forgo the riches of the PL in order to save (for one season mind) £30m.

For the record....in 2009/10 season......

"16 May 2010

The financial rewards simply for being a member of the Premier League are highlighted today with the release of official figures showing payments from central League funds to each club for the season just finished. The bottom team, Portsmouth, picked up £31.8m from the League in TV cash and prize money while the best-paid team, Manchester United, earned £52.996m.

United made slightly more than title-winning Chelsea (£52.8m) from central funds because United were shown live on TV in Britain twice more than Chelsea, meaning United’s “facility fees” – payments for being on live TV – were higher.

The figures for all clubs are carried in the table below. Every club got £14.6m as an equal share of domestic TV income, plus £10.1m as an equal share of foreign TV income. Facility fees varied depending how many times each club featured in live TV matches, between a minimum of 10 times and a maximum of 24.

“Merit payments” are rewarded according to where each team finished in the League. Portsmouth’s 20th-place finish earned a merit payment of £800,424, Hull’s 19th place earned them twice that sum, Burnley’s 18th place earned them three times £800,424, and so on to the top, where Chelsea’s merit cash was £16,008,480."

So the BOTTOM team in the PL picked up, in ONE season, the financial "burden" that Leeds would have incurred by getting promoted, and the money just kept on getting bigger.

The thread was about the iniquity of the treatment meted out to Leeds over many years on the part of footballing officialdom, and the effect that has had on our ability to get promoted (from League 1 to the Championship, or form the Championship to the PL.

That iniquity remains, despite the fact that we have changed owners several times, and will continue to affect our ability to get out of the Championship.

For klix to assert that Bates would willingly scupper a move that would get a return on "investment" within a year is just stark staring bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Strange how things are "interpreted" here.

Not so long ago, I got right royally "kicked" for asserting things that, in all honesty were assertions rather than verifiable fact.

For whatever reason, klix (aka Marley), gets thanked for making some hilarious accusation that the man who screwed Leeds for every last penny would forgo the riches of the PL in order to save (for one season mind) £30m.

For the record....in 2009/10 season......

"16 May 2010

The financial rewards simply for being a member of the Premier League are highlighted today with the release of official figures showing payments from central League funds to each club for the season just finished. The bottom team, Portsmouth, picked up £31.8m from the League in TV cash and prize money while the best-paid team, Manchester United, earned £52.996m.

United made slightly more than title-winning Chelsea (£52.8m) from central funds because United were shown live on TV in Britain twice more than Chelsea, meaning United’s “facility fees” – payments for being on live TV – were higher.

The figures for all clubs are carried in the table below. Every club got £14.6m as an equal share of domestic TV income, plus £10.1m as an equal share of foreign TV income. Facility fees varied depending how many times each club featured in live TV matches, between a minimum of 10 times and a maximum of 24.

“Merit payments” are rewarded according to where each team finished in the League. Portsmouth’s 20th-place finish earned a merit payment of £800,424, Hull’s 19th place earned them twice that sum, Burnley’s 18th place earned them three times £800,424, and so on to the top, where Chelsea’s merit cash was £16,008,480."

So the BOTTOM team in the PL picked up, in ONE season, the financial "burden" that Leeds would have incurred by getting promoted, and the money just kept on getting bigger.

The thread was about the iniquity of the treatment meted out to Leeds over many years on the part of footballing officialdom, and the effect that has had on our ability to get promoted (from League 1 to the Championship, or form the Championship to the PL.

That iniquity remains, despite the fact that we have changed owners several times, and will continue to affect our ability to get out of the Championship.

For klix to assert that Bates would willingly scupper a move that would get a return on "investment" within a year is just stark staring bonkers
    WTF
    Firstly you are making a complete and utter idiot of yourself, i am not marley and dont even know who is other than his posts on here,1982 Sir Ken Bates stated he would not be happy until leeds united are destroyed, words to that effect,there are plenty of sides who throw promotion away during the season,due to the fact they cannot afford it,more in the lower leagues,the finance penaly for leeds was massive and Sir Ken did not want us up,for the record i have forgotten more than you will ever ever know about football,and stop making a complete pxxxk of yourself , loads 8f posters from the sister or breakaway site know who i am,and have met me in places like,Bristol Rovers on a tuesday night ,southend on a friday night , just ask Fenwhite if you need further information about my support for Leeds United.

That team Spaldy was good enough to go up,a lot of leeds fans blame Risdale for a lot that has gone on,oleary did not help with his signings,players like keane fowler when we did not need them,sheff wed where ready to implode when Bates came knocking, they told him to pxxs off,Ken Bates is evil and nothing else, but at last leeds are on the correct foot path which what seems a decent owner and good times i am sure will follow, i have followed leeds through great times with Giles Bremner ect,but also followed them with players like, Aiden Butterworth,Byron Stephenson,John Hawley, Jeff Fxxn Chandler,3 seasons in Div 1, started at Tranmere finished at home to Bristol Rovers missed around 5 games in that period,but good time they where,enjoy the future because it will be good hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    WTF
    Firstly you are making a complete and utter idiot of yourself, i am not marley and dont even know who is other than his posts on here,1982 Sir Ken Bates stated he would not be happy until leeds united are destroyed, words to that effect,there are plenty of sides who throw promotion away during the season,due to the fact they cannot afford it,more in the lower leagues,the finance penaly for leeds was massive and Sir Ken did not want us up,for the record i have forgotten more than you will ever ever know about football,and stop making a complete pxxxk of yourself , loads 8f posters from the sister or breakaway site know who i am,and have met me in places like,Bristol Rovers on a tuesday night ,southend on a friday night , just ask Fenwhite if you need further information about my support for Leeds United.
    You spent about 50 times more effort rubbishing me without any basis in fact than I spent proving that the balderdash you spouted abiut Bates was just that.

I'm no friend of Bates but fantasizing about what he could and couldn't do to help or hinder promotion is for idiots like you.

I prefer to deal in fact. No businessman would.turn down £40m+ to "save" £30m, you makeyourslef look stupid saying otherwise.

thats how Bates rolled WTF, he hated Leeds.....

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    thats how Bates rolled WTF, he hated Leeds.....
    Sorry BB, he might have hated Leeds, but he loved money more (and still does) even more. If it had just been a "one season" win, in terms of PL revenues versus the penalty for promotion, you might just have a point, but even if he invested nothing, came straight back down and then cashed in, he'd be at least £50m better off, just for waiting a season. He didn't (and doesn't) have the kind of personal wealth to ignore that kind of win (he's no Abramovich)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You spent about 50 times more effort rubbishing me without any basis in fact than I spent proving that the balderdash you spouted abiut Bates was just that.

I'm no friend of Bates but fantasizing about what he could and couldn't do to help or hinder promotion is for idiots like you.

I prefer to deal in fact. No businessman would.turn down £40m+ to "save" £30m, you makeyourslef look stupid saying otherwise.
    Ken Bates Businessman FFS but the Dandy down and dig deep about the guy
    Ken Bates is a legal crook who got on by knowing every signal loop hole.
    Jack Walker was a businessman and a gentleman,try digging out the bile he spouted on talk sport the morning of our play off final against Watford,that may give u a little clue that he had no intention of putting leeds in the prem
    Now go and get your bottle warm and have a good sleep

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)