+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Much Does The Result Effect You?

You only have to look at our recent cup losses to show that you should never take any team for granted. The letting in of 5 at home against bloody Morecambe under Stubbsy highlighted that.

2-3 loss vs the Wendies at home took longer than most to get over.

Having to settle for a point in injury time was bad enough but to then go on a lose in your own back yard

Probably my worst ever match watching the Millers

That game started late because of a last minute rush of Wendies fans at the turnstiles so I had to leave at 2-1 to get a lift home so that was a 2-1 win to me!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

Why didn't Alfie turn up that day will be a mystery to all us Millers fans. (Suppose he got us there to be fair).
    He never looked right in that game - possible injury or picked up a bug?

When I was a lad and went to Millmoor, and, when we lost I wouldn't eat my tea. My mum and dad used to moan at me and say, they lost did they. Great happy days. God bless my mam and dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I still won’t watch the highlights in any form if we lose.
    Yes agree with this.

If we win I can watch any old football, even Scottish, all weekend.

I think you sort of condition yourself, in this league, to expect away defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    That game started late because of a last minute rush of Wendies fans at the turnstiles so I had to leave at 2-1 to get a lift home so that was a 2-1 win to me!
    It was a miller who set a flare off in the North stand concourse.

Remembering the silly automated voice telling us to exit the stadium?

I don’t seem to get upset at all after a defeat nowadays not like I did when I was younger.

I’ve got a shocking temper during the match when we’re losing but as soon as it finished I just think oh well.....

Got a weird take on this. Was an avid fan, home and away when living in Rotherham and then West Yorkshire when I could go to loads of games, was still rabid for many years after moving down South in 97 and then moved again, moved again and had one and only kid in recent years felt more disconnected - too much other **** to do.

But having discovered watching games on TV last season, I've got mad into following us again and get well worked up watching on the big screen with my 6 year old joining in in matching Millers vintage shirts! Great to once again be able to see what the current players look and play like week by week and rejuvenated my passion for the Millers. I wouldn't say it ruins my day if we lose, but agree with some posts above - I can happily replay the winning goals whilst never wanting to see defeat goals ever again!

It'll never leave me - always a Miller, and proudly so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123