+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Wolves as good as my mates are telling me.

Are Wolves as good as my mates are telling me.

Not a post knocking Wolves. Iv'e only seen clips on MOD. Their possession stats don't seem that high , whats their game plan game plan and how is working.
    Another note my mates say our success is all down to our 2 loans , i pointed out wolves won promotion with their loan signings.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Not a post knocking Wolves. Iv'e only seen clips on MOD. Their possession stats don't seem that high , whats their game plan game plan and how is working.
    Another note my mates say our success is all down to our 2 loans , i pointed out wolves won promotion with their loan signings.
    Iv'e been watching Wolves for 45 years and this is the best side I've ever seen and that takes some doing factoring in the teams I watched during the Seventies, possession stats can be totally misleading for instance a lot of Palace's possession was in their own half as we pressed them relentlessly. And our loan players were all loan with an obligation to buy hence why considering their quality they were all retained all 3 of them!!

Make no mistake this Wolves side is the real deal.

I wouldn’t bother watching most Premier League matches is they were being played in my own back garden but Wolves along with Liverpool,Man City and Spurs are matches I would watch as a lover of “football”.

I see Wolves as now becoming a top ten fixture and very possibly the team most likely to threaten the established top six clubs over the coming years.

I’ve noticed a complete lack of p I s s taking from Wolves mates and associates in recent months.

This is because we are now as irrelevant to them as they were to us when we were a Prem side and they were in Division Three a few short seasons ago.....the difference is that this is likely to be the case for the rest of my life.

Even if we do go up this season I reckon they’ll not be quaking in their boots at playing us next year!

Fair play to them.....they have gained promotion and embraced the top division by investing and playing with style.

If I was a wolves fan( thank **** the ode mon was born and bred backcountry) I would be very happy, but the nagging doubt must be there only winning by the one goal.but one goals enough I suppose.

Wolves are doing great, and getting some very creditable results. We need a defence to compete if we go up. Our attack wouldn't score for fun either. We had the defence and now its gone. We didn't have an attack and now its here. Would love to see some balance.

I stated at the start of the season that I thought that Wolves would finish in the top half. I haven't seen anything yet to alter that prediction.

Not living locally...I am delighted to see them flying out of the blocks as they have. I hope they keep it going and we keep it going...
    Good to se them getting the results they are getting...I look out for them up there.......

I am old school as the only times I am concerned about the Wolves or Blues is when we are actually playing them, any other time their results and performances do not interest me one bit. Good luck to em. They have had to endure some real rubbish and shame over the years as we have. But....... The Vile. That is a different matter. Their result is the first I look for after Albion's match. If we have both won, it just tarnishes the Albion result a little. If they have lost it makes an Albion win all the more enjoyable. If we both lose my disappointment at Albion losing is eased somewhat knowing the Vile have lost also. Pretty pathetic I know, but that is the way it has been since 1963-64 for me. I loathe everything about the club. The colours, the ground, where its located and an awful lot of the arrogant fans associated with the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I am old school as the only times I am concerned about the Wolves or Blues is when we are actually playing them, any other time their results and performances do not interest me one bit. Good luck to em. They have had to endure some real rubbish and shame over the years as we have. But....... The Vile. That is a different matter. Their result is the first I look for after Albion's match. If we have both won, it just tarnishes the Albion result a little. If they have lost it makes an Albion win all the more enjoyable. If we both lose my disappointment at Albion losing is eased somewhat knowing the Vile have lost also. Pretty pathetic I know, but that is the way it has been since 1963-64 for me. I loathe everything about the club. The colours, the ground, where its located and an awful lot of the arrogant fans associated with the club.
    Goo on kid tell it how you feel.

I’m the same as you joy....down my local vile this and that the near mention of there name my skin crawls...told em if I had my way I’d build Aldi one end Lidl other Asda and a forking Fine Fare on the sides hate the club ...big club my a...😎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)