+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Morrison

James Morrison

Was wondering what's up with him now? We have rightly so knocked the likes of Anechebe and Chadli. But this bloke has been getting away with stealing a wage for ten years. Yet we call him a loyal servant. What was the point in renewing his contract? He's always struck me as a bloke who has no desire to play football.
    Maybe I'm being unfair?
    Thoughts chaps

I think you are spot on. When he does play he has 3 decent games followed by 5 invisible ones. Loyal servants tend to be players that no bigger clubs come after. Hence the longevity of him and Brunt's time with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Was wondering what's up with him now? We have rightly so knocked the likes of Anechebe and Chadli. But this bloke has been getting away with stealing a wage for ten years. Yet we call him a loyal servant. What was the point in renewing his contract? He's always struck me as a bloke who has no desire to play football.
    Maybe I'm being unfair?
    Thoughts chaps
    Hi James Morrison played 83m today for the u23 against LIverpool.
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/octo...-match-report/

Also at the start of the season when things weren't going well people were asking why him and Myhill were kept on and not the others.
    Well Yacob and GMac aren't getting a look in at their current clubs. Also Evans and Mulumbu are only on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi James Morrison played 83m today for the u23 against LIverpool.
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/octo...-match-report/
    Thanks mate. Like I said maybe I'm being unfair. If he ain't in the squad next game that defines him as not good enough.
    One game under Mel against Chelsea he went down after a hour with cramp. I thought to myself. "You've had to work for a change chap"

Up to yet its looking a bad deal by the club but a good one for Mozza

A really spiteful critique of Mozza.

We don’t attract “top players” because we are a backwater club with nothing but very local appeal.

Players like James and Brunt came to us as 20-21 year olds with already good reputations,they gave their best years to us,helped us to three promotions and many years of Premiership football and yet all some people can do is dig them out.

After ten years of service players used to get testimonials,the fact that at the end of a decade of loyal service a player like Morrison or Brunt gets an extra year in what is a short career is fine with me and good luck to them.

Players like these are the core of a club,it’s heartbeat.

Maybe whoever you work for should look at your performance now that you’ve given your best years and replace you with a microchip!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Up to yet its looking a bad deal by the club but a good one for Mozza

Too injury prone - he should have been released and would have kept Claudio ten times over. Seems odd that Chadli was always in the sick room and the old World Cup came calling and he was off running around like a ****ager. Likewise, Sturridge seems to be putting in a shift at Liverpool but could not get off the treatment bench with us.

Morrison probably bust a gut to prove his fitness, and now it's a case - no hills - got my money thank you very much etc.

Talking of hills - perhaps a few for Mears as can't for the life of me, see what he brings!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A really spiteful critique of Mozza.

We don’t attract “top players” because we are a backwater club with nothing but very local appeal.

Players like James and Brunt came to us as 20-21 year olds with already good reputations,they gave their best years to us,helped us to three promotions and many years of Premiership football and yet all some people can do is dig them out.

After ten years of service players used to get testimonials,the fact that at the end of a decade of loyal service a player like Morrison or Brunt gets an extra year in what is a short career is fine with me and good luck to them.

Players like these are the core of a club,it’s heartbeat.

Maybe whoever you work for should look at your performance now that you’ve given your best years and replace you with a microchip!
    Payed for every single day he's been there ain't that enough? Should be thankful he has a job. He hasn't "given" us anything.
    Unfortunately like it or not I'll dig out who I want as you put it as unlike yourself I am still a paying customer.

Like you say mickd, he and Brunt don't owe us anything and have been loyal members of our team over the years. At their peak I'd be surprised if there wasn't interest from other clubs. I've got a lot of time for both of them even though Brunty isn't the answer to our central midfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)