+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Morrison

Ok so i'm being unfair but I don't do the sentiment thing. They'm just employees to me and in Mozzas case being payed a decent wage to do nothing for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Payed for every single day he's been there ain't that enough? Should be thankful he has a job. He hasn't "given" us anything.
    Unfortunately like it or not I'll dig out who I want as you put it as unlike yourself I am still a paying customer.
    I’ve “paid in” for 46 years so wind your neck in “Mr Supporter of the century”.

Ungrateful,spiteful comment about a player EVERY Albion manager has wanted in their team.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A really spiteful critique of Mozza.

We don’t attract “top players” because we are a backwater club with nothing but very local appeal.

Players like James and Brunt came to us as 20-21 year olds with already good reputations,they gave their best years to us,helped us to three promotions and many years of Premiership football and yet all some people can do is dig them out.

After ten years of service players used to get testimonials,the fact that at the end of a decade of loyal service a player like Morrison or Brunt gets an extra year in what is a short career is fine with me and good luck to them.

Players like these are the core of a club,it’s heartbeat.

Maybe whoever you work for should look at your performance now that you’ve given your best years and replace you with a microchip!

I agree Mick - Brunt and Morrison have been good servants but unfortunately, if a player ceases to be good enough whether it's fitness or performance - we as a business should not renew a contract. Brunt is still a decent player but not CM. Morrison is still good enough and on his day a winner but the fitness side is a worry.

Never supported testimonials one bit unless the player donates 100% of the money to charity or a good cause. Yes players have short careers but on 50 grand a week, then I wish my career was short too - I would take up golf or tennis full time!!

Take Barry - in a couple of years no doubt, he will be too old and have to retire! Should we feel sorry for the fecker when he's worth millions! There are plenty of personnel at West Brom FC who have been with the club for 10 years plus who have given everything and earn under 50 grand a year! What does the club give to them - a thank you letter if lucky, from the useless little man in China that means jack **** to living a comfortable life in retirement!

Football is becoming less popular due to the greed of clubs and players! I feel pissed off paying more to go to away games than the Premier Games, which can't be right!
    Last edited by baggieal; 07-10-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree Mick - Brunt and Morrison have been good servants but unfortunately, if a player ceases to be good enough whether it's fitness or performance - we as a business should not renew a contract. Brunt is still a decent player but not CM. Morrison is still good enough and on his day a winner but the fitness side is a worry.

Never supported testimonials one bit unless the player donates 100% of the money to charity or a good cause. Yes players have short careers but on 50 grand a week, then I wish my career was short too - I would take up golf or tennis full time!!

Take Barry - in a couple of years no doubt, he will be too old and have to retire! Should we feel sorry for the fecker when he's worth millions! There are plenty of personnel at West Brom FC who have been with the club for 10 years plus who have given everything and earn under 50 grand a year! What does the club give to them - a thank you letter if lucky, from the useless little man in China that means jack **** to living a comfortable life in retirement!

Football is becoming less popular due to the greed of clubs and players! I feel pissed off paying more to go to away games than the Premier Games, which can't be right!
    I agree with a lot of your points Al.

I just feel that with players like Mozza and Brunt that they are guys who have commited their best years to us and never angled for a transfer in the bad times whilst others like Kamara,Curtis Davies and others couldn’t wait to bail on us.

We have no idea what these guys also give behind the scenes to the younger players and how they’ve helped carry the Albion ethos through a decade of squad and manager changes.

I respect their loyalty to us.

I just feel that with players like Mozza and Brunt that they are guys who have commited their best years to us and never angled for a transfer in the bad times whilst others like Kamara,Curtis Davies and others couldn’t wait to bail on us.

We have no idea what these guys also give behind the scenes to the younger players and how they’ve helped carry the Albion ethos through a decade of squad and manager changes.

You are bang on there Mick! Whilst Brunt is no CM player, he's played in almost every position and not once moaned so he should be applauded! Dawson on the other hand, refused to go on the pre-season tour and threw his toys out of the pram! Likewise, with Morrison if he was fit at the time, he was fit - not his fault that we renewed his contract, and had we not - there would have been other takers like Boro anyway!

The main point where you are bang on is "We don’t attract “top players” because we are a backwater club" This is why Wolves are where they are, and we are where we are! I am sure, Villa with new owners, they too will become another Wolves!

Fingers need to be pointed at the yellow man in China in terms of what's his plans/ambition/strategy for the club and perhaps he should come over to watch a game and make himself clear, rather than all the bull**** from his little lap dog Jenkins who goes on a plane more times than Berahino eats a pie!

Cmon Mick get real,if the likes of brunty or mozza had been good enough for the likes of man u or Liverpool etc they'd have been gone long ago and kicked up a fuss if we blocked a move to such a club,they ain't no bombers regarding real club legends but the best we could hope for as club legends in this day of money is king football

I like both these players...I admire the fact that they did stay as long...hard to find nowadays...regardless of their quality. They were good enough for here...Most modern players move around no matter who they play for......
    I like continuity in a fast changing world.....it is what forms tradition...and not all traditions are bad and to be thrown out.
    After Chris got hit by a coin by our own supporter's a few years back...he has solidly had my backing....

I’ve “paid in” for 46 years so wind your neck in “Mr Supporter of the century”.

Ungrateful,spiteful comment about a player EVERY Albion manager has wanted in their team.
    What have I got to be grateful for ? And more to the point how is it spiteful ? What good is a player who doesn't play?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I like both these players...I admire the fact that they did stay as long...hard to find nowadays...regardless of their quality. They were good enough for here...Most modern players move around no matter who they play for......
    I like continuity in a fast changing world.....it is what forms tradition...and not all traditions are bad and to be thrown out.
    After Chris got hit by a coin by our own supporter's a few years back...he has solidly had my backing....
    They stayed because no other club came in with an offer for them. No other club, not necessarily a big club, no club. Both have scored some great goals, Brunt a few absolute stunners, but neither have regularly set the place on fire with their skills. Brunt has often been poor. It's not often a player's own fans get on their back, especially during a game, but they have with Brunt, many times. I don't agree with it but understand it. I've often left a match wondering why he is in the team. They've been paid well over the years, even if they were only on an average of 20 grand a week over the period then that's 10.4 million. I'd keep quiet and behave for that!

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    They stayed because no other club came in with an offer for them. No other club, not necessarily a big club, no club. Both have scored some great goals, Brunt a few absolute stunners, but neither have regularly set the place on fire with their skills. Brunt has often been poor. It's not often a player's own fans get on their back, especially during a game, but they have with Brunt, many times. I don't agree with it but understand it. I've often left a match wondering why he is in the team. They've been paid well over the years, even if they were only on an average of 20 grand a week over the period then that's 10.4 million. I'd keep quiet and behave for that!
    Its all opinions I guess, but they have both contributed towards our relative success in the last decade. Particularly Brunt, his left peg is quality and he must be far and away our biggest assister of goals in the prem.

I'd keep them both, even after they retire to have around the dressing room as coaches or player coaches. They know the club inside out and they want the best for us.

Also, £10.4m is nothing over the course of 10 years. As I've mentioned with Brunt, he assisted a lot of goals, crucial ones that kept us in the premiership. We earned £94.6m for coming bottom of the premiership last year alone. He helped keep us in that league for 8 years.

They really don't owe us anything. Even though they are past their peak, still both are worthy of being squad players in my book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)