+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Connor McLennan

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    That explains a lot. As you were.
    Racist.

It's not "scandalous" as the rules allow for it but it's certainly disappointing. I'm having Cooper and Simpson as two 'local' loons though.
    Disappointing indeed.

But a fight that was lost a long time ago.

Not lost even at international level.

It's not "scandalous" as the rules allow for it but it's certainly disappointing. I'm having Cooper and Simpson as two 'local' loons though.
    I was being facetious min

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Racist.
    What leads you to that conclusion?

Interview in the Daily Record today...……….

Connor McLennan laughed when he was labelled the Buchan Bale this week.

The Aberdeen winger – who scored a double for Scotland Under-21 s in Croatia – is delighted to be compared to the Welsh Galactico but knows he has a long way to go before he hits the heights of Gareth Bale .

McLennan will settle for becoming the Real deal at Aberdeen and helping the Dons to maintain their unbeaten domestic run when St Johnstone drop in.

The 19-year-old said: “The plan is to become a first-team regular again and that is what I am looking to do now.

“These Under-21 games were good and hopefully I can kick on from here.

“I missed a pre-season with a wee injury. I had a tidy-up in my knee and then it was about trying to get as much fitness as I could when I was away. Hopefully, that will be me.”

The youngster knows he has to impress Derek McInnes because he has options aplenty out wide. Ryan Hedges and Niall McGinn have been given the nod but Jon Gallagher and James Wilson can also play there and that’s despite Scott Wright’s season-ending cruciate injury.

McLennan said: “It is a blow for Scott. It’s not good for him but we have plenty of other players in that position who can cause St Johnstone and other teams problems.

“The gaffer has loads of options and one injury won’t cause us too many problems.

“We have quality all over the pitch that can fill in anywhere. Any of the front or wide players can fill in wide or in the middle. Hopefully, we can get more consistent over the course of the season.”

Aberdeen moved back into the top four with their win against Ross County before the international break.

McLennan said: “This season we’ve excelled at home and we are looking to make it a fortress again.”

The Dons will look to keep pushing when an old familiar face in Stevie May comes calling.

McLennan is in no doubt the striker will score goals because he has the quality although it never quite came to fruition at Pittodrie.

His former team-mate said: “It will be good to see him again because he was a great guy in our dressing room.

“You can see his quality and I hope it works out for him. I don’t know why he wasn’t scoring here every week but hopefully he
    can start doing that at St Johnstone.

“He was great to play with, works his socks off, is so unselfish and does the work of two players.

“He helped me with that goal at Ibrox and I hope it works out for him.

“Maybe he was too unselfish. At times you want your striker to be quite selfish. There was a period when he played every week last season and that helped us massively.

“We’ll see if he is playing but we know his quality and we will need to stop him and the other 10 quality players they will have on the pitch.”

No-one labelled him the "Buchan Bale". I 'ate when the papers publish that pish.

Hopefully he does start though. Cracking player. He's like the Buchan Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Interview in the Daily Record today...……….

[I]Connor McLennan laughed when he was labelled the Buchan Bale this week.

The 19-year-old said: “The plan is to become a first-team regular again and that is what I am looking to do now.
    Who labelled him the "Buchan Bale"?

Good to see the lad at least sounds like he's keeping his feet on the ground.

Far too many young players at our club have been lauded as the next big thing only to fall away and not make the grade or vanish into obscurity who knows where.

maintain their unbeaten domestic run ?

I'm glad to hear that the St.Mirren game was declared null and void.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456