+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Neilson to be offered job

more i think of this the more i feel this is the right appt. No idea why - just instinct and 50 years experience i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    FWIW i like the ruling
    I don't think it's bad idea either. The logic is sound, make players feel a better part of the community as they'll be living in it and see the effect their results have.

For sure the Cammy Bell situation should never be tolerated again. Nonsense.

Sensible decision and the sooner the better.

hopefully it is neilson and is announced tomorrow. probably the most sensible option. done good things with hearts. won the league with ease when sevco and hibees were both in championship. then finished hearts 3rd in first season back so can hopefully replicate that with us. (getting us out of champ would be good enough tbh)

out of all the names being mentioned he was the best option imo. lets hope it gets sorted quickly then we can get to work on getting us back competing and not being the crisis club all the time

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    FWIW i like the ruling
    Only have to read Keatings’ interview the other day.

Having players do 160+ mile commutes every day isn’t conducive to good performance. I’m sure we would make exceptions for the right player(s) but the core should live in the city, it’s what’s worked best in the past.

Apparently wants Daly as his no.2.

Let's hope this is done and dusted and not some sh#@e journalism which allows another suitor to better our offer..!!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

If true would be more than happy with that. So depressed at the moment so what a boost for all Utd fans IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shedruleyabasx View Post
    heard he has accepted with a caveat or two. From ex senior member within Tannadice. See if this 25 mile rule ****s this up...!!!
    As manager he should set his rules.

25 mile rule sounded good until you realised it meant decent players might not be signing as a result.

A good manager builds team spirit not where players live

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Absolutely fantastic if true

This could be best news in a long time

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)