+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Neilson to be offered job

Hopefully he's still in touch with his old mucker Levein who's then influenced him we're the better option..

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    Hopefully he's still in touch with his old mucker Levein who's then influenced him we're the better option..
    Judging by recent comments, Levein no longer holds United in the same esteem he once did.

Time moves on and so do people.

I take it Robbie has not seen the pile of sh1te he has to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by arabian_ian View Post
    I take it Robbie has not seen the pile of sh1te he has to work with.

I disagree, there are poor players but there is enough to work with that he can improve things

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Judging by recent comments, Levein no longer holds United in the same esteem he once did.

Levein responded to United's statement and in that response was the quote “I love Dundee United, I had a brilliant time there. I wasn’t meaning to be disrespectful."

He hasna got much of a choice really. Maybe fresh ideas and change of players attitudes can hopefully turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Levein responded to United's statement and in that response was the quote “I love Dundee United, I had a brilliant time there. I wasn’t meaning to be disrespectful."
    I believe he enjoyed his time at the club.

But his comments were disrespectful, and deliberately so.

Regardless, I doubt he's rushing to advise Neilson or anyone else to go to United.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post

I would say that more accurately he's heartbroken/fuming/fizzing (take your pick) at the wanton destruction of his hard efforts for our Club, being systematically destroyed like a child loose with a gun by ST and his cronies.

I have this gut feeling that Colin Weir will open his sizeable wallet and Neilson will go to Thistle.

We've gone from agreed to take the job to in talks with Thistle and United.

Even if he does dundee united are a much bigger club and more attractive club despite everything, with more potential

Let's not forget that, things can change in a short time in football, we know that, perceptions might change due to recentism

Neilson would be silly to pass us up as we are the biggest job he will get anytime soon in Scotland, if he builds us back up then he will be taking a rejuvinated fanbase for the ride with him who will be more than ready appreciate it this time, and that's a very good fanbase in Scottish terms

He gets it right here then he has a top 6 support behind him and a club that is capable of going up, stabilising then moving forward, that's got to be wet the appetite for him

I expect he will be our manager still

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)